Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bitstudios View Post
So can I ask for a honest reply - what would you change in the update to make things comfortable? Would that be fine with you if we simply lowered the coins prices for the stuff?
Let us know, this is pretty important post you wrote (thanks)
Dunno if I'd go that route... it can be a slippery slope, and be the difference between pissed off IAP purchasers and happy customers.

If you lower the price of everything, people who purchased coins via IAP before then could get upset at the fact that they essentially wasted money, money that they didn't NEED to spend, but did thinking that they were helping to support you.

If anything, I'd say maybe up the amount of coins you could win for taking part in Team Battles (not much, but maybe 1,500 per battle), and maybe up the amount of coins you get per game if you are taking part in Team Battles as well (again, not by much, but say you get 150 for each game you contribute to, up that to 200) - you could also make it so that battles don't last as long, which would really help out. Upping the amount of coins that you earn in-game as well, even if just making it 1.5 coins per passenger instead of 1 would make a noticeable difference.

This way, everyone, whether they've purchased extra currency or not, gets the same increase, and doesn't feel that any previously purchased coins were a waste.

It also wouldn't hurt to throw in a coin doubler for $1.99/$2.99 or something - doubling all coins earned and gained - that way it doesn't feel like SUCH a grind to those of us who are willing to toss you guys a couple extra $$. This could also win over some players who are willing to do this, but have held back because of the consumable nature of the IAP currency.

Just some thoughts...

But you should definitely keep in mind the people that have purchased currency before now as well as gamers that have spent hours upon hours playing just to earn those couple of great games, and I think lowering all of the in-store prices would have a negative effect on your 5 star reviews and all the great support you've gotten from gamers thus far.

=o)
Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 AM
iPhone 5

Yeah. On the other hand, massive amount of reviews are 5-star ones, so I hope it is pretty good app. But we have to do something indeed to make coins easier to get. We'll try something with Team Battles. Thanks for sharing thoughts!
(now the winning pack for Team Battle is 1400 and +20% to the coins earned during play sessions).
Aaaand there are some tricks to make missions faster, but I guess that should be left for players, so they can discover gameplay tricks by themselves
+ there is promotion for Halloween Item pack and Scary texture (75% coins less)
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bitstudios View Post
Yeah. On the other hand, massive amount of reviews are 5-star ones, so I hope it is pretty good app. But we have to do something indeed to make coins easier to get. We'll try something with Team Battles. Thanks for sharing thoughts!
(now the winning pack for Team Battle is 1400 and +20% to the coins earned during play sessions).
Aaaand there are some tricks to make missions faster, but I guess that should be left for players, so they can discover gameplay tricks by themselves
+ there is promotion for Halloween Item pack and Scary texture (75% coins less)
I don't give much of a damn for iOS game reviews. Most websites give 4.5/5 or 5/5 reviews like they're selling pancakes. TA gave the game 3.5/5, and I think for once I will agree with them. Don't be so happy with 5 star reviews, because they can be junk (and maybe bought?) at times.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 AM
iPhone 5

Errrr, I meant user reviews.
But that doesn't matter. I'm not here to argue about reviews or argue about anything, though I'm aware some people love arguing.
I'm here to learn thoughts about the game.
For example, noticed that some players do not use 'tossing' to increase scoring or make some missions, so we're re-doing tutorial to show the 'tossing' thingie.
thx
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 AM

Yeah game became a lot more enjoyable after learning about tossing by reading it in the help. More transparency around it will be a good thing, it's a good risk/reward mechanic.

One other thing I'd like to see is a higher bonus in team battles for people on a smaller team, it would help to avoid landslides a wee bit.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Just discovered this app. I'm one of the guys behind Airport Scanner and was a bit worried at first when I found out about this game. I was that afraid it would be a rip off of our game. I have to say though, it's very different and pretty neat take on the genre (is Airport Security a Genre?) I haven't put a lot of time in yet, but I dig it. it plays almost more like fruit ninja than Airport Scanner.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 AM
iPhone 5

Hi,
Yeah we're not kind of guys who rip off ideas that other people invented while in fact Fruit Ninja was an inspiration.
But we played your game too and it's cool
Old 02-27-2013, 08:01 PM

Hey 11 bit studios i want to buy this game but i saw that it has not been updated since november and im scared that if i buy it it will go free the next day so can u tell me if u guys are going to update this game
Old 06-23-2013, 02:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Now free for the first time and for a limited time.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Love this game, super simple fun and great funky soundtrack!

Thanks for the freebie 11bit Studios!