Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

The new version is out now so you should be able to update any time now.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Forever Lost is free for Halloween! Just for today and tomorrow so if you haven't already picked it up please consider doing so now
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 PM

This was a fun little adventure game. The atmosphere was a bit tense, but at the same time nothing frightening or particularly jarring happens. Good if you were shooting for a PG rating, but things are a bit tame for the "trapped in an insane asylum" angle.

The puzzles were pretty well thought out but were mostly easy to moderate in difficulty. I wouldn't have minded a couple of head scratchers. More frustrating, perhaps, but also ultimately more satisfying.

My main criticism is that I didn't feel particularly invested in solving the mystery. The few scattered journal entries were a good start, but most of the time I felt disconnected from the story. A little more revelation of the mystery piece by piece would have felt more gratifying, but you don't know too much about what's going on at the end than you did at the beginning. Granted this is only the first chapter, but felt more like a prologue.

This is also mostly personal preference, but I also wouldn't have minded a little more monologue from the main character to get into their head and flesh out their personality better. Again, that's mostly just my preference and I'm not dinging you points on that count.

Overall a solid start and I hope the future installments improve on this promising foundation. Good luck and best wishes! I'll be keeping an eye out for the next chapter.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Is there something major that I am not getting with this game, or is it just insanely buggy? Every few taps, I end up back in the starting room. For example, I will be in the nursery and I click on the puzzle on the floor, and then all of a sudden I am staring at the mattress in the starting room, or those pills. This happens over and over.

Last edited by sstackho; 11-01-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveCynic View Post
This was a fun little adventure game. The atmosphere was a bit tense, but at the same time nothing frightening or particularly jarring happens. Good if you were shooting for a PG rating, but things are a bit tame for the "trapped in an insane asylum" angle.

The puzzles were pretty well thought out but were mostly easy to moderate in difficulty. I wouldn't have minded a couple of head scratchers. More frustrating, perhaps, but also ultimately more satisfying.

My main criticism is that I didn't feel particularly invested in solving the mystery. The few scattered journal entries were a good start, but most of the time I felt disconnected from the story. A little more revelation of the mystery piece by piece would have felt more gratifying, but you don't know too much about what's going on at the end than you did at the beginning. Granted this is only the first chapter, but felt more like a prologue.

This is also mostly personal preference, but I also wouldn't have minded a little more monologue from the main character to get into their head and flesh out their personality better. Again, that's mostly just my preference and I'm not dinging you points on that count.

Overall a solid start and I hope the future installments improve on this promising foundation. Good luck and best wishes! I'll be keeping an eye out for the next chapter.
Thank you for getting the game and taking the time to leave this feedback, really appreciate that!

We are going to be putting more focus on the story parts in episode 2, we didn't want to go overboard in ep1 in case that wasn't what people wanted but based on feedback so far people would have liked to see a little more so we will happily provide what the people want

Getting the difficulty right seems to be a balancing act as different people want and expect different things, maybe a monkey island style mega-monkey mode would be required in ep 2?

We have started work on episode 2 which you can follow along with on facebook and twitter, all feedback and ideas etc are encouraged so please get involved
Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstackho View Post
Is there something major that I am not getting with this game, or is it just insanely buggy? Every few taps, I end up back in the starting room. For example, I will be in the nursery and I click on the puzzle on the floor, and then all of a sudden I am staring at the mattress in the starting room, or those pills. This happens over and over.
That sounds like a bug that was in version 1.0 but has since been fixed, what version are you playing?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just completed ep 1 and it was great!
One thing : •••Spoiler:  can you actually rescue the person in the iCeption game? I went through the bookcase at the start of chapter 3 and couldn't tell him I'd found a way out.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy141 View Post
Just completed ep 1 and it was great!
One thing : •••Spoiler:  can you actually rescue the person in the iCeption game? I went through the bookcase at the start of chapter 3 and couldn't tell him I'd found a way out.
Glad you liked it!

•••Spoiler:   Sadly you can't go back to save him however he may make a surprise appearance in episode 2
Old 11-01-2012, 04:00 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
That sounds like a bug that was in version 1.0 but has since been fixed, what version are you playing?
Version 1.2.

Must. Resist. Glitch Games joke.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstackho View Post
Version 1.2.

Must. Resist. Glitch Games joke.
Very strange, that bug certainly hasn't been seen since 1.0. You should be able to fully quit out of the app via the multi-tasking bar and then reload to solve the issue. All progress will have been saved.