Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Totally not true. If that were the case, Apple would be calling their ipad 4 the new ipad, which they don't. They just call it ipad.

And go to stores right now, almost ALL ipad 3 accesories are marked as "new ipad".

So what you are saying is totally false. Also if your logic stands, then my new ipad should be called "ipad" cause ipad 4 is called "new ipad".

Anyway, to protest all this bs of Apples, I Will always call my ipad the new ipad no matter how old it is and confusing it is, cause that was the official name at launch. Oh how I wanted it to be called The ipad 3, cause it's shorter.

But new ipad it is, no matter what anyone says.

the ipad 3 never had the official name "new" ipad.. i mean you have it .. maybe do yourself a favour and check its package.. what is printed on it..

they called it "new" in the adds because the dropped the number which would confuse people because it was ipad (1st gen) -> ipad2 (2nd gen) - ipad (3rd gen)

so whats there not to understand? of course you can call it whatever you want.. but the official name is "iPad" nothing more nothing less..

anf the apporach apple has here was to make the customers actually less confused.. (well in theory it makes sense)

you go into an apple store and want to buy an ipad and you'd always get the "latest" version..

as for what other might or might not call them.. who cares if store x has it wrong?

people still call it ipad 3 and ipad 4..

btw if you check the compatibility list of accessories on the offical apple page (where else) you'll find a nice list of the official names

for example here http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA...cable?fnode=3a

.. tnen of course if you'd stop to play the gmeloft garbage (imho hehe) you'd be alot happier with the ipad3, new ipad , ipad 3th gen, ipad with retina screen but not really up to the task cpu/gpu

well half a year ago we talked inhouse about the ipad3 alot and it reminded me of the ipad1 which also was underpowered for its screen & resolution , not to mention the lack of ram.. and the ipad2 was actually the first really enjoyable ipad from all angles (gaming, browsing, etc.)

what will be actually interesting is how and if the low specs of the ipad mini will hold back developers in the future since its a "brand new" device with 1,5 year old specs.. but then as long as it does not get a retina display with an a5x it should be good to go for some time if devs keep optimizing
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Mr. Ugly,

Yes thank god for the ipad mini having the a5, that really put me at ease. That means my new ipad won't be extinct, cause I really doubt that devlopers will push the limits if games don't run well on it. They will not risk getting all those one star reviews from ipad mini and new ipad users.

So thank god for the ipad mini. If it had gotten the a6x, then the new ipad might have been left for dead, but now I feel more at ease, until I can get an ipad 5. I really wish they will have a 256 gb version or an external sd card cause if the ipad 5 has an a7x cpu/gpu, I could see apple raising the limit of games to 4 gb.

But yeah, you are right about getting on the even cycle of ipads, somehow I seem to be off track, haha. I really am curious to see how the hardcore games are on it framerate wise and how the screen will look compared to the new ipad.

And you are right, looks like Apple is retreating a bit and using the x generation after the ipad name now. But I sure the hell won't type I got an ipad, 3rd generation, everytime I post. Bah, Apple started this madness, I will always call my ipad the new ipad. Would have rather called it an ipad 3, and I see that almost everyone is using the incorrect term of ipad 4 instead of ipad, 4th generation, so I guess I will to.

Maybe it is better too that the new ipad will be discontinued so apple care plus will be forced to give us ipad 4's if our new ipads break. That wouldn't be so bad.

Curious to see what the ipad 4 is like. But thank god for the ipad mini having an a5, cause that makes me feel much better about my new ipad not becoming extinct.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Any delays in shipping for the wifi ipad? Preordered mine on saturday and it's wedsnday and still is "preparing for shipment". Ugh.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Any delays in shipping for the wifi ipad? Preordered mine on saturday and it's wedsnday and still is "preparing for shipment". Ugh.
The "preparing for shipment" stage is somewhat of a misnomer. As long as your delivery date still says 11/2, you'll be good. It's very likely that your device is already en route, but they just haven't changed that yet.

They did sell out the pre-orders though, but not until yesterday I believe. If you ordered after the pre-orders were taken, it's probably going to be at least a couple weeks.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Check your status again, JBRUU. Mine has now updated to "shipped." Actually left on the 30th.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I went into several stores here in NZ asking about the iPad 4th gen, and what most of them have told me is the same. Nobody knows when they'll be getting the new 4th gen. Most have told me to come in at around midday and ask again, since they get new stock throughout the day and Apple is tight-lipped about their new device deliveries until they arrive at the door.

Still, about 12-15 hours from now I should have my hands on an iPad, and probably before most of y'all from other countries*. Muahahahahaha!

*Excluding those who stay up for a midnight launch in the US. Too bad we don't have a single Apple store here...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

You know, Apple has really raised New Zealand's reputation sky high because they seem to get everything first. Never would have given New Zealand much thought, but nowadays I see your country every single day on the threads. Strange...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:32 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Ouch. Feels bad, man.

It's only thanks to the forum, not Apple, hehe.
(and hey, for being NZ, we might as well get something cool every once in a while, right?)
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightReturn View Post
Check your status again, JBRUU. Mine has now updated to "shipped." Actually left on the 30th.
Ah. Mine updated to shipped as well, actually left on the 29th. Guess Apple didn't bother updating it until now . Thanks for your help.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ah. Mine updated to shipped as well, actually left on the 29th. Guess Apple didn't bother updating it until now . Thanks for your help.
I think they wait to update the status intentionally so people aren't wondering why their package is just sitting at the FedEx facility in Memphis. Though, instead they wonder why their package is still preparing to ship, so I'm not sure it really matters.

Mine's scheduled by 3pm tomorrow, I'm getting antsy!