★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A modern take on the Tactical Turn-Based genre with cross-platform multiplayer over Mobile iOS Devices, Mac and PC.

"Frontline Tactics is just about as perfect a free-to-play model as you'll ever find in a game." - Gamespy

Player reviews
"It's Strategically fun like chess mixed with call of duty."
"cross platform multiplayer is awesome!!"
"A deep and rewarding turn based stategy"

2025 - A small splinter military group led by mad man; Akhali Muhamar threatens to take over the oil-rich nation of Fahrahn. The country is a large oil supplier to the Western world and national interests are threatened. An elite group of soldiers are called in to quell the uprising and attempt to maintain peace through military action before it turns into full scale war.

Frontline Tactics lets you command a modern, elite fighting unit over various missions; from defending and controlling a location or asset to all-out elimination and survival. Outfit your soldiers with modern weapons, armor and equipment and give them the skills to succeed on the battlefield. Play against a merciless and cunning AI in single player or battle it out in multiplayer in versus or coop modes over multiple platforms; iPad, Mac and PC .

A highly addictive military tactics game that can be played over multiple desktop and mobile platforms
Realistic world setting with authentic-looking character models, weapons and armor
Customize your soldiers for each mission with weapons, armor, equipment and skills to survive in the battlefield
Unique and dynamic battle order system keeping the battlefield lively and demanding
Single player with completely realistic AI
Multiplayer modes; versus and coop that allow you to battle against or with real players in numerous missions
Unlock various Achievements as you move closer to victory

Please note this game allows you to purchase items in the game for real money. Please disable in-app-purchases on your device if you dont want this feature to be accessible.

LIKE: facebook.com/Meridian4
FOLLOW: @Meridian4
WATCH: youtube.com/MeridianFourGames
VISIT: meridian4.com

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
so... what? am i like the only one excited about this title?

i thought u guys would be crawling over it like hungry goons once i saw it on the app store... like it would be at the top of the top of hot new games list, but instead... **silence**

seriously, any impressions? anyone?

11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Not good reviews so far. Who wants to be the person to give us impressions?
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
what reviews?
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
i see 4 stars on the app store. what do u see?
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
From the same people that made tactical soldiers or whatever it was called. This should be good, the free price is showing a freemium route.. not too excited about that.
11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusothil View Post
From the same people that made tactical soldiers or whatever it was called. This should be good, the free price is showing a freemium route.. not too excited about that.
not quite. u pay a washington to get rid of the ads. thats like buying full game, right?

it has async multiplayer over multiple platforms!
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Played two maps and failed them, but still earned credits, which is useful for buying better weapons and buying upgrades. Outnumbered as I only had two soldiers to begin with and definitely can't cope without a few more upgrades. I guess this might be a grinder. (unless you buy IAPs for credits, credits are used to unlock everything -- including proficiency skills. It doesn't look like the soldiers have levels anymore...just skills for unlock...using credits I guess.)

This doesn't feel like it has the same tactical goodness as Tactical Soldier. The soldiers don't seem to have many tactical options like different stances and commands to wait or set up ambush.

Movement points system from Tactical Soldier seems to be gone -- there's no indicator or anything to see what else you can do. You move and there's no undo. You shoot but once regardless whether you have a pistol or an uzi. (Or maybe it requires more "upgrades" before one can do more actions?? Not sure.) Can't seem to make the soldiers face the direction I want.

Don't like the way the game handles turns. I'm already outnumbered and to have enemies make their moves while my two soldiers have turns apart feels like I can't coordinate them to move in and attack effectively.

The game itself is also somewhat laggy and unresponsive at times.

Tactical Soldier is still the better game.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 11-01-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: additional details
11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
Played two maps and failed them, but still earned credits, which is useful for buying better weapons and buying upgrades. Outnumbered as I only had two soldiers to begin with and definitely can't cope without a few more upgrades. I guess this might be a grinder. (unless you buy IAPs for credits, credits are used to unlock everything -- including proficiency skills. It doesn't look like the soldiers have levels anymore...just skills for unlock...using credits I guess.)

This doesn't feel like it has the same tactical goodness as Tactical Soldier. The soldiers don't seem to have many tactical options like different stances and commands to wait or set up ambush.

Movement points system from Tactical Soldier seems to be gone -- there's no indicator or anything to see what else you can do. You move and there's no undo. You shoot but once regardless whether you have a pistol or an uzi. (Or maybe it requires more "upgrades" before one can do more actions?? Not sure.) Can't seem to make the soldiers face the direction I want.

Don't like the way the game handles turns. I'm already outnumbered and to have enemies make their moves while my two soldiers have turns apart feels like I can't coordinate them to move in and attack effectively.

The game itself is also somewhat laggy and unresponsive at times.

Tactical Soldier is still the better game.
It's rated 2's and 3's in the US App Store
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRumble View Post
so... what? am i like the only one excited about this title?

i thought u guys would be crawling over it like hungry goons once i saw it on the app store... like it would be at the top of the top of hot new games list, but instead... **silence**

seriously, any impressions? anyone?
Wow, you must really be excited about this one, having created a TA account and all...

As for me, not interested in this one at all. The screens look less than promising, and the reviews aren't good, so yeah, I'll be passing.

DBC

I give up.