★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My Singing Monsters is out!

10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm on attempt #12 or 13 now...
10-31-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm definitely going to have to buy it. I just tried it again, spent a bunch of diamonds speeding it up a few times hoping to get one but I tried at least 15 times with no success. I should have just spent the 150 diamonds to start...

10-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgarr View Post
I'm definitely going to have to buy it. I just tried it again, spent a bunch of diamonds speeding it up a few times hoping to get one but I tried at least 15 times with no success. I should have just spent the 150 diamonds to start...
Spent all my diamonds this morning, nothing but bowgarts. Gonna try one massive push to bake food and see if leveling them up helps (level 9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey MSM fans!

We've been receiving the occasional report that when a user goes to place their Punkleton, the game will crash. If this is happening to you, send an email to support@bigbluebubble.com with your BBB ID (in the Options Menu under Help) and we would be happy to assist!
11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Spent all my diamonds this morning, nothing but bowgarts. Gonna try one massive push to bake food and see if leveling them up helps (level 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB_MJS View Post
Hey MSM fans!

We've been receiving the occasional report that when a user goes to place their Punkleton, the game will crash. If this is happening to you, send an email to support@bigbluebubble.com with your BBB ID (in the Options Menu under Help) and we would be happy to assist!
Sooo tempted to email support and say this... even though I never got a Punkleton.

Needless to say, leveled up a bowgart and a t-rox to 11 and tried one more time... woke up to yet another bowgart this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I did not get a Punkleton, and while I'm not complaining, I do want to offer some constructive feedback:

If, as everything seems to indicate, one could only get it via the Bowgart x T-Rox breeding combo then this was a very poorly thought out bit of holiday content.

See, I foolishly approached this as though I was supposed to figure it out on my own, and I more foolishly assumed it would be certain combination of "elements", not specific monsters, so I wasted a lot of time breeding Entbrats (all 4 elements) with various other 3 element monsters figuring by the powers of BFI I'd stumble upon a Punkleton. Only after I got down to 10/29 and saw Halloween fast approaching did I take the spoiler approach and discovered I'd been doing it "wrong".

Well, with just a bit over 48 hours and a real life, I made all the T-Rox x Bowgart pairings I could but, alas, no Punkleton. It's not a big deal, but I was disappointed to find out just how specific of a pairing we were supposed to discover on our own in just 7 or so days. There are 15 different monsters on the Plant Island - that's over 200 possible unique pairings, aka simply impossible to realistically achieve in the time allotted if you didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing and go the spoiler route.

I don't mind that it had a low chance of success, but I do mind that without using spoilers the chance was functionally 0%.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Loved the Halloween theme and going in every day and seeing another monster in costume. Very clever and looking forward to the next holiday

GC dean288367
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
If, as everything seems to indicate, one could only get it via the Bowgart x T-Rox breeding combo then this was a very poorly thought out bit of holiday content.

See, I foolishly approached this as though I was supposed to figure it out on my own, and I more foolishly assumed it would be certain combination of "elements", not specific monsters,
When I read the description of it and it stated that it was the offspring of two three element monsters, I assumed it was a specific pair. You must not have read the description in the market or you would not have been trying Entbrat and the single element monsters. That definitely contributed to your frustrations.

Last edited by jtfields; 11-02-2012 at 07:57 AM.
11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
You must not have read the description in the market or you would not have been trying Entbrat and the single element monsters. That definitely contributed to your frustrations.
I read the description but did not notice that. Regardless, my "frustrations" stem from the bad implementation, not really any way to defend it. Even with the hint, you still have a dozen unique pairings, low chance of success, and only 7 days to do it in. With the low rate of success you have no way to know if you're simply not rolling a Punkleton with the right pair or if your combo is outright wrong. So, if you approach it logically even having picked upon the hint I missed, you get in, if you're efficient, about 30 breedings over the ~7 days of the event, that's only about 2 of each combo, and that's not good enough unless you're very lucky. Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time.

Like I said, it's not a big deal, I just wanted to point out it wasn't handled very well in my (supported) opinion.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time
I see your point. As someone who has been playing DragonVale for a year now, I can tell you that, right or wrong, if you want every limited Monster then forums like these are a must unless you are willing to buy a lot of diamonds which is what I'm assuming the developer is counting on. I will say this is one of the more generous games when it comes to handing out free in game currency. As quickly as I could I purchased all four islands and a mine on each. Each mine gives 2 gems every 12 hours. Even with using a few gems here and there I've built up a stockpile of 150 gems rather quickly. If I couldn't breed the Pumpkeleton (which I was lucky enough to be able to do) I was just going to buy him. Now that I know they will do limiteds I'm being even more picky about what I use gems on so I will have a bunch for the next limited.

My son got the Pump on Halloween morning. It was about his fifth attempt which is about the same number it took me. The problem with this game is you only get one or two attempts a day.