Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2012, 05:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfPoseidon View Post
Yeah, it's been so long since I unlocked the promo cards for the base set I can't remember exactly what the conditions were, but I seem to remember them being tied to achievements in some way. I unfortunately don't see any new achievements for some reason, so no idea how to unlock these promo cards.

Like you, I unlocked Ahmad Hassan after the first game - not sure what the trigger was. Didn't know it was unlocked until I checked the "Card Sets" section. I hope we get some indication of how to unlock the other two to give us some sort of goal.

Really glad to finally have some new cards - after well over a hundred games just playing the base set, it was starting to get stale. Now we've a bigger pool to play with. Really looking forward to getting the digital version of Coldest War - the option to play with new starters will help mix up the often slow first few rounds ("ok, everyone has finally got their Yury's played and out of the way").
I think we'll get Blood Country before Coldest War, I wouldn't expect CW anytime before Summer 2013. Also, yeah the first set of turns can be incredibly boring with the Yuris, unless someone manages to draw a nice green card early like Vulko
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I love the Next Game button and the other UI changes! Thank you Playdek!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Martial Law really ramps up the brutal nature of the game tenfold.The brawls from the base set now seem like play-fighting compared to the slugfests that happen with the new cards. There are so many ways to deliver wounds, not the least being the new wound effect which allows you to muscle up your minions. I wish the stop-start nature of the game didn't slow it down so much in async play because in real-time the games are now going to be much faster and much more enjoyable.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Martial Law really ramps up the brutal nature of the game tenfold.The brawls from the base set now seem like play-fighting compared to the slugfests that happen with the new cards. There are so many ways to deliver wounds, not the least being the new wound effect which allows you to muscle up your minions. I wish the stop-start nature of the game didn't slow it down so much in async play because in real-time the games are now going to be much faster and much more enjoyable.
Most of the Nightfall matches that I've played rarely come out anywhere close to even - it's usually a bloodbath one way or the other. Some of the synergy between the ML cards + feed mechanic do seem to magnify that. Many games seem to be decided on one player getting a duff hand late game that can't chain enough actions or defenders to ward off a huge attack by the other player. Playing this Martial Law set, I've already experienced two games (one by me and one by the AI) where 25+ wounds were dealt in the final round.

I guess that's part of what I like about the game, that the balance is kind of broken, so you never know how a game is going to unfold. The early game is still a bit of a drag (something that Coldest War finally addressed), several of the cards are way overpowered relative to their cost, there's not enough cards that allow you to discard, and I feel like the wound limit is too low. That being said, I still really enjoy the mechanics. I'm glad to finally see more cards - it was growing wearisome seeing the same Ivan/Franz and/or Big Ghost/Lilith/Zacharias loops over and over.

One thing I'd love to see in an update is the ability to increase the wound pool against the AI. They gave us the ability to set the rune pool in Ascension - I'd love to see it in Nightfall too. The games are always over before they really start getting mechanically interesting. And like Tecwrtr said - glad to finally see a "Next Game" button!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

There's definitely a sense of balance issues with almost every card, more so with something like Bleak Resurrection though. I've always felt almost any kind of combo can become deadly with the right hand, but like you've said, that's part of the charm of the game.

It also seems like the balance issues are slightly diluted in 3/4p games, but those can be so slow over async.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, the improvements are enough to draw me back in.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Same here but, man, am I WAAAY out of practice! I can't recall half of the cool combos from back in the day.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Here's the promo card unlock requirements for Martial Law.

Ahmad Hassan : Begin your chain phase with 1 minion in play.

Pale Fury : Increase the strength of a friendly minion to 10.

Desperate Measures : Feed a single copy of All-Out-Lunge 4 times.

Also, from their Facebook
Quote:
Hi all – we have discovered a bug in reporting the Game Center achievements in Martial Law. Achievements are currently being earned, including unlocking the promo cards, but the game is not getting the Game Center response. We’re preparing a free update that will correct this, and once you’ve updated, your game should then sync all of your achievements earned so far.

We should be submitting the fix later today. Thanks everyone
Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladeums View Post
Here's the promo card unlock requirements for Martial Law.

Ahmad Hassan : Begin your chain phase with 1 minion in play.

Pale Fury : Increase the strength of a friendly minion to 10.

Desperate Measures : Feed a single copy of All-Out-Lunge 4 times.

Also, from their Facebook
For Pale Fury I'm thinking Big Ghost + Koi Jiang + Wound Effects and for Desperate Measures couple of Roland LeFontaines and maybe a few Brynna and Taylors.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey Gang,

Since they just recently made the update in which ALL promos can be enabled, while I'd still love to keep our games going I will opt out of rematches so that you can re-create and invite me to games with ALL promos.