Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Most who didn't take advantage of crowd sourcing would fail. If you're *supposed* to wait until someone among the thousands of people playing stumble upon it by BFI and then copy them, the designer might as well just say what the combo is if they're going to have availability so limited in time
I see your point. As someone who has been playing DragonVale for a year now, I can tell you that, right or wrong, if you want every limited Monster then forums like these are a must unless you are willing to buy a lot of diamonds which is what I'm assuming the developer is counting on. I will say this is one of the more generous games when it comes to handing out free in game currency. As quickly as I could I purchased all four islands and a mine on each. Each mine gives 2 gems every 12 hours. Even with using a few gems here and there I've built up a stockpile of 150 gems rather quickly. If I couldn't breed the Pumpkeleton (which I was lucky enough to be able to do) I was just going to buy him. Now that I know they will do limiteds I'm being even more picky about what I use gems on so I will have a bunch for the next limited.

My son got the Pump on Halloween morning. It was about his fifth attempt which is about the same number it took me. The problem with this game is you only get one or two attempts a day.