Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM

Andy C83 is reporting this too.

The glitch does not occur for all levels, but only some of the levels (such as the one I cited as an example). It occurs frequently if I am just one or two steps shy of completing the level and then RAPIDLY undo NEARLY ALL of the steps. If you compare the order by which the tiles are made available ON FIRST run to the order on SUBSEQUENT run after a series of RAPID undo, the orders differ. The glitch appears to be related to the fact that I am doing many undo at once. If I only undo one or two steps, there is no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcannibal View Post
That would be very undesirable. Thanks for reporting it. I'm haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself. (though I only have the beta android version on hand at the moment). Are there any particular steps you're taking to hit the problem?

The more I play, the more I find the puzzles are beautifully designed and clever. This is a deceptively simple game that is actually quite difficult.

Thanks!

Last edited by y2kmp3; 10-31-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I've 100%'d Act 3, and am close to doing so with Act 2, but have made no progress on Act 1. Those god damn sports field puzzles! I definitely found Act 1 harder than the rest of the game. I pretty much perfected 3 on my first go but got totally stuck on 1 several times.

On another note, I wish there was a cartoon series based on GLR, done by the Adventure Time guys.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Very cute if it works. However, it's like not love. A lot of people make that switch. I wrote myself an official todo to kill the ellipses (somehow) for the next update.

Someday I'm going to put out a game named .......... just to watch people's heads explode.
There's a Girl ❤ Robot sign on the train in Act 2

Edit: Someone please help, I'm stuck on the remain calm level right at the end of Act 2, and I'm about to pull my hair out! I got silver but can't get gold, grrrrr!

Edit: I've completed all of the 'remain calm' levels but still having trouble getting golds.

Last edited by Andy C83; 11-01-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Another question:

How does the milk come into the calculation? Regardless of whether or not milk can make the adjacent tiles to forget (such as a girl), I can't understand how the total adds up. I am off by sometimes 2 or 4.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

For the "remain calm" levels, it can help to just go nuts and randomly fill the board up, then undo from the final move backwards until you get to a stage where things are balanced, then go forward from there trying to make no difference to things - put robots only next to other robots, for example.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropxe View Post
For the "remain calm" levels, it can help to just go nuts and randomly fill the board up, then undo from the final move backwards until you get to a stage where things are balanced, then go forward from there trying to make no difference to things - put robots only next to other robots, for example.
114/114 Act 2, thanks for the tip, which was also given in the game.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the writing in this game adds a great bit of personality to an already stellar game. Mega bonus points for mentioning Firefly/Battlestar Galactica!

Last edited by Andy C83; 11-01-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Another question:

How does the milk come into the calculation? Regardless of whether or not milk can make the adjacent tiles to forget (such as a girl), I can't understand how the total adds up. I am off by sometimes 2 or 4.
Milk is just for its own sake or for putting out fires. On a milk level, don't worry about happiness, just worry about making milk and stopping fire!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 AM

Huh? On levels where there is milk, there is a meter that goes up or down depending on how the tiles are stacked against each other. Surely, there must be some calculations of it. Can you explain?

Quote:
Milk is just for its own sake or for putting out fires. On a milk level, don't worry about happiness, just worry about making milk and stopping fire!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Huh? On levels where there is milk, there is a meter that goes up or down depending on how the tiles are stacked against each other. Surely, there must be some calculations of it. Can you explain?
tl;dr 1 point for each angry side of a cow or 1 point per fire extinguished

Sorry it's not clearer. For the milk levels, it was important to provide a score reporting interface that was visually consistent with the rest of the game and had at least 3 levels of granularity. However, on the milk (not milk/fire) levels, the objective isn't happiness, it's milk. Since several puzzles only have 2 cows, I chose to grant points for progress towards milking. So basically one point for each angry person placed next to a cow.

For the levels with fire and milk, it's just one point per fire extinguished.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
The glitch appears to be related to the fact that I am doing many undo at once. If I only undo one or two steps, there is no problem.

Ack! I see it! It's the new "undo after final move feature". That can mix it up in some circumstances. Thanks for reporting it! I'll stomp it out. In the meantime, while some levels are harder, it does open the door to a potentially legendary high score. Find it now before I close the loophole! I'm declaring this bug a "temporary bonus feature". Who can exploit it the best?! Will it be you?!