Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Bah. Nova 3 still has big framerate issues. Can't Gameloft optimize its games? No reason why it should run like it does. Literally a worse framerate than before. Looks just incredible, though.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightReturn View Post
No worries, you'll find yourself using your phone a lot less now that you have an iPad.
I already am! Still texting from the phone though, and every time I look over I almost shudder at how tiny everything is. The iPad has spoiled me!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightReturn View Post
No worries, you'll find yourself using your phone a lot less now that you have an iPad.
So true, retina ipad rocks!!! I'm so happy we have more retina cousins, now developers will take us retina ipaders more seriously. So I really think ipad 4 is good for us new ipad users, no matter how jealous we get...
Old 11-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Bah. Nova 3 still has big framerate issues. Can't Gameloft optimize its games? No reason why it should run like it does. Literally a worse framerate than before. Looks just incredible, though.
Are you saying the framerate in Nova 3 is worse on the ipad 4 than the new ipad, but has more graphics effects? Can you turn off the extra effects? If so, is the framerate better?

Do you have galaxy on fire? It has a lot of option settings, if you do maybe you can comment on those.

Do you have virtua tennis? Honestly I have all the big name games and all of them run good enough for me including nova 3. But Virtua tennis is the only game where i want the framerate better cause it is a great game on the new ipad. Older iphones and ipads could not run it well.

Anyone out there have an ipad 4 with virtua tennis? So curious about this, it is the one game where I could see ipad 4 making a huge difference, but maybe framerate issues arent cpu gpu related but software related.

Fyi, i think wild bloods is now retina too on the new ipad and overall looks good to me. Haven't gotten to any really busy scenes yet but so far it has been fine.

Arc squadron developer has reported that this new 3d game is getting 60 fps on the ipad 4, mid forties to 60 on the new ipad depending on demand.

So that is far promising, but if people think that the ipad 4 is 2x better framerate wise than the new ipad, I think they will be disappointed.

But I think, give developers a little time they will come out with updates to optimize ipad 4 with better frame rates and special effects.

But thank god for the ipad mini having an a5 processor that lets me sleep at night, cause I know my new ipad won't be extinct for a long time.

Give us some more impressions on the games on both ipads. Your words mean alot to me because you have experience with both. Did you have Asphalt 7? Would like some feedback on that one even though that game runs fine on my new ipad in my opinion.

Thanks.

Really curious to read google news to see what they will pick on and call a "gate". Overrated, everyone likes to be a critic. For the iphone 5, it was scratchgate, and mapgate. Let us see...
Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Are you saying the framerate in Nova 3 is worse on the ipad 4 than the new ipad, but has more graphics effects? Can you turn off the extra effects? If so, is the framerate better?

Do you have galaxy on fire? It has a lot of option settings, if you do maybe you can comment on those.

Do you have virtua tennis?
Nope. No option to disable effects. I'm thinking its more an issue with coding than hardware, as there was no update to the game to enable retina+effects for iPad 4. Maybe an update will fix this.

Galaxy on fine runs fine at retina setting. No problems whatsoever, though admittedly I didn't play for long.

Don't have virtual tennis, sorry.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Some interesting ipad 4 articles today

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11...ipad_teardown/

http://m.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/10/ipad-...real-new-ipad/

http://community.nasdaq.com/News/201...43#.UJSuf4l5mc
Old 11-03-2012, 06:54 AM

Ipad4 a beast . Damn it I reall want one, 💩💩💩💩 the Greek depression !!!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcizombie View Post
Ipad4 a beast .
It is. The devs behind Auria are getting _more_ then twice the CPU performance compared to the iPad 3. Graphics engine is also way more powerful obviously making moving around all the super detailed waveforms lines alot smoother. And this is tested on highly optimized code and not some random hacked together game.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin

n/m...

Last edited by Zendorphin; 11-03-2012 at 10:58 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Updated to iOS 6.0.1 so much better performance with NOVA 3. Free RAM before updating and while playing Nove 3? 60-100mb. Now? 200+ Just as I thought, a software issue. It runs better than it did on my iPad 3 now, and god that motion blur looks so pretty, and everything with full retina just looks 2x prettier than most console games. Still, the framerate could be better.