Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
(blur and depth of field for example is off with iPad 2).
Are you sure? I believe I do get a blur effect when I use the nitro boost on my iPad 2. Also, depth of field seems to be present. Heck, I compared this with a high-performance Android tablet and the iPad 2 seems to have more effecs (especially the aformentioned blur).
Old 11-03-2012, 01:14 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

You can take your Origin & shove it EA. I hate it when companies don't even bother puting Game Center support into their games. I don't usually buy games on iOS that don't support it. So looks like I'll be passing on this game! Shame
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4TSON View Post
You can take your Origin & shove it EA. I hate it when companies don't even bother puting Game Center support into their games. I don't usually buy games on iOS that don't support it. So looks like I'll be passing on this game! Shame
Oh noes, insignificant and meaningless feature absent. Incredible game is now trash.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:17 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Are you sure? I believe I do get a blur effect when I use the nitro boost on my iPad 2. Also, depth of field seems to be present. Heck, I compared this with a high-performance Android tablet and the iPad 2 seems to have more effecs (especially the aformentioned blur).
I'm pretty sure. I'm making the comparison with the effects on an iPhone 5 and an ipad 4 compared to iPad 2.
It certainly possible that I'm wrong though because the visuals are very impressive on an iPhone 5, it definitely looks at its best on that.
Playing on an iPad 2 it absolutely gives the sensation of speed and distance but playing on a 5, the environment and the surrounding edges of the car blurs more on full nitro and the depth of field effect is very much present.

In saying that, I'm going to err on the side of caution and ask just to be sure because its quite possible I should have gone to Specsavers.

Last edited by Rip73; 11-03-2012 at 02:26 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 03:50 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'm pretty sure. I'm making the comparison with the effects on an iPhone 5 and an ipad 4 compared to iPad 2.
It certainly possible that I'm wrong though because the visuals are very impressive on an iPhone 5, it definitely looks at its best on that.
Playing on an iPad 2 it absolutely gives the sensation of speed and distance but playing on a 5, the environment and the surrounding edges of the car blurs more on full nitro and the depth of field effect is very much present.

In saying that, I'm going to err on the side of caution and ask just to be sure because its quite possible I should have gone to Specsavers.
That would be much appreciated. I'm still on the fence but I prefer NFS over Asphalt so I will end up buying it anyway
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
That would be much appreciated. I'm still on the fence but I prefer NFS over Asphalt so I will end up buying it anyway
I'll do that but weekend and all, so Monday before I would probably have an answer.

But, I'd recommend getting off the fence. I play it on an iPad 2 primarily till now and it is the best looking racing game ever on iOS. And a huge amount of fun.

It's easily on my top 5 ever list. My current most played. Couldn't recommend it enough if you enjoy racers at all.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Hm, late to the party. On my iPhone 4, I was way more impressed with the previous NFS title. This one doesn't feel that exciting and doesn't add ANYTHING new. Might be a totally different experience on newer devices, but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Hm, late to the party. On my iPhone 4, I was way more impressed with the previous NFS title. This one doesn't feel that exciting and doesn't add ANYTHING new. Might be a totally different experience on newer devices, but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed.
I just like it because it's fun

Quote:

You thinking a retina update for the newer iPads is coming? Needs AA really badly and I have a very difficult time believing the 4th gen cannot run this game full effects + retina after seeing the benchmarks.

Last edited by JBRUU; 11-03-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

868,500 is the max SP u can achieve.
On mobile device.

Fuh im done.
Now im waiting for others 6 cars tuned by NFS
To complete my garage =)
Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'll do that but weekend and all, so Monday before I would probably have an answer.

But, I'd recommend getting off the fence. I play it on an iPad 2 primarily till now and it is the best looking racing game ever on iOS. And a huge amount of fun.

It's easily on my top 5 ever list. My current most played. Couldn't recommend it enough if you enjoy racers at all.
Thanks man. Much appreciate your opinion. Downloading now!