Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERcoverUser View Post
Will the next update resolve the issue of Pocket God not getting past the loading screen on some devices?
I just released a new update that should fix the problem with not getting past the loading screen. it also fixes multiplayer battle of the gods, and removes open feint. challenge mode is now done through game center.

it will probably take a couple hours to show up in your updates. but please let me know if you run into any serious issues so I can turn around a fix. This was a major update that affects a lot of complex code, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 PM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
I just released a new update that should fix the problem with not getting past the loading screen. it also fixes multiplayer battle of the gods, and removes open feint. challenge mode is now done through game center.

it will probably take a couple hours to show up in your updates. but please let me know if you run into any serious issues so I can turn around a fix. This was a major update that affects a lot of complex code, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues.
Thanks, Dave. I will tell you if there's something wrong.
Well, Battle of the Gods online is now working, I never had the crash problem, so, all good as of Me! Is it Me, or you also added some new challenges?

Last edited by drek95; 11-02-2012 at 04:02 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Also, all my achievements suddenly syched with gamecenter. Very happy, great work Dave!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:34 AM

The gamecenter changes are really cool.... Much better than openfeint. I was challenging people to things like shark snaps, bird bombs, and Dance Dance Execution without having to wait for the other person to get around to accepting the challenge. Not only can you play your friends, but you can also Auto-Match random people just like with Battle of the Gods. Really cool. The only thing weird is getting to the results page, and then also seeing the final scores. The scores are all cut off because the window that Apple gives us is too small to list the name of the game, the players name, and the scores. I know I won the matches, but I cant see the final scores. Other than that though, its pretty fun. Dave, how do you get into the cue to be auto-challenged? I can auto-challenge other people, but how do I set myself up so that someone can auto-challenge me? Do you just have to be playing Pocket God while connected to gamecenter?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
The gamecenter changes are really cool.... Much better than openfeint. I was challenging people to things like shark snaps, bird bombs, and Dance Dance Execution without having to wait for the other person to get around to accepting the challenge. Not only can you play your friends, but you can also Auto-Match random people just like with Battle of the Gods. Really cool. The only thing weird is getting to the results page, and then also seeing the final scores. The scores are all cut off because the window that Apple gives us is too small to list the name of the game, the players name, and the scores. I know I won the matches, but I cant see the final scores. Other than that though, its pretty fun. Dave, how do you get into the cue to be auto-challenged? I can auto-challenge other people, but how do I set myself up so that someone can auto-challenge me? Do you just have to be playing Pocket God while connected to gamecenter?
I know, Game Center is nt perfect for what we are doing, we almost have to code our own matchmaking dialog for it to work better.

For automatch, if you automatch and there is someone waiting for an automatch, then you will match with them. If there is no one waiting, then you will wait for the next auto match user. It just so happens that someone is always waiting in your situation.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:19 PM

does this update enable you to see all of your highscores in games and not just the best ones in the area where you can change what god you are?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I think you can also kill a plagued Pygmy by making a campfire and burning their body before they are dead. Then you can just dispose of it easily
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 AM
iPad, iOS 4.x

Dave, I've found some minor glitches. When an object is infected or purificated, the effect not always shows in front of it, but sometimes behind it. And, sometimes, when a Pygmy pick up a purificated object, the effect start to bounce and shake. Nothing important, just to let you know.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Developer

here's an update on the new update. Allan has been working on art for the last three weeks and I started working on the programming last Sunday.

There is a lot of stuff in the next update and I will have until the end of november to finish everything. there are two new rooms and a global event.

as far as the first hint, it will spoof a major religion.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:51 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
here's an update on the new update. Allan has been working on art for the last three weeks and I started working on the programming last Sunday.

There is a lot of stuff in the next update and I will have until the end of november to finish everything. there are two new rooms and a global event.

as far as the first hint, it will spoof a major religion.
Haha brilliant, i dont know why, but I guess its Buddhism/Hinduļsm