Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

Interesting... I was trying to replicate a ridiculously high score when I found this glitch. Looking back, I think the "mixed up" tiles allowed me to place tiles in certain orders that were otherwise not possible so to score an otherwise impossibly high score.

How high are you talking about? The highest I recall is about 8 above the maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcannibal View Post
Ack! I see it! It's the new "undo after final move feature". That can mix it up in some circumstances. Thanks for reporting it! I'll stomp it out. In the meantime, while some levels are harder, it does open the door to a potentially legendary high score. Find it now before I close the loophole! I'm declaring this bug a "temporary bonus feature". Who can exploit it the best?! Will it be you?!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

er, what are you supposed to do in the level where the tiles are falling from the top?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
er, what are you supposed to do in the level where the tiles are falling from the top?
Swap tiles (they don't have to be neighbors) to create solid rows of happy.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
You only have to make the bottom row happy, so you could have a row of just girls with a row of just robots on top, and that would work. Trying to organise things like you normally would isn't really doable, least not for me.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Swap tiles (they don't have to be neighbors) to create solid rows of happy.
ah I see, thanks. I missed the tutorial bit with the explanation of the level, and restarting the level didn't re-explain that bit.

I first thought it was a match 3 type thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropxe View Post
You only have to make the bottom row happy, so you could have a row of just girls with a row of just robots on top, and that would work. Trying to organise things like you normally would isn't really doable, least not for me.
thanks, yeah it's pretty tough if you approach it as a normal level.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM

May be it is just me. But I don't recall having seen this scoring change specifically emphasized in the game. Indeed, I was at a complete cost as why I am not scoring as expected until I read your explanation.

Perhaps you can amend the update to include some pop-up message to remind player of the change in scoring rule.

Quote:
tl;dr 1 point for each angry side of a cow or 1 point per fire extinguished

Sorry it's not clearer. For the milk levels, it was important to provide a score reporting interface that was visually consistent with the rest of the game and had at least 3 levels of granularity. However, on the milk (not milk/fire) levels, the objective isn't happiness, it's milk. Since several puzzles only have 2 cows, I chose to grant points for progress towards milking. So basically one point for each angry person placed next to a cow.

For the levels with fire and milk, it's just one point per fire extinguished.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Perhaps you can amend the update to include some pop-up message to remind player of the change in scoring rule.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've written a note to look into that for the next update.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This game is brilliant. As a past joining hands fan, at first I found it difficult to get used to the scoring system.. I was naive to think the games were similar. I didn't "get" it, and I think alot of people who played JHs first would have struggled with it. After giving it some time I absolute adore the game and it's actually very different from JH. it just takes a while to learn to play a game when you've already decided it plays the same as another game, when in reality it doesn't.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 PM

Yes!!! Thank you for fixing the app icon so it no longer has that embarrassing ellipsis! The update notes say it was changed to "GirlsLikeRobots", but I see "GLR". The main point being the "..." is no longer there. I can sleep easy tonight for the first time in weeks
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesquad View Post
Yes!!! Thank you for fixing the app icon so it no longer has that embarrassing ellipsis! The update notes say it was changed to "GirlsLikeRobots", but I see "GLR". The main point being the "..." is no longer there. I can sleep easy tonight for the first time in weeks
It kept me awake, knowing you were awake. This is best for all of us. Also, it turned out GirlsLikeRobots fit on an ipad but not an iPhone. Error in the notes.