★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2015)

View Poll Results: What device to get?
iPod Touch 2 15.38%
iPad 7 53.85%
iPad Mini 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
11-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,567
Out of all the games that came out this week, which are "must-haves"?
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Out of all the games that came out this week, which are "must-haves"?
Knights of Pen & Paper and ARC Squadron.

Especially the first, take a look at the video of the second.
Apart from that...
Noteworthy is Need for Speed.



Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

11-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Hi,
I am a low tech person. Am totally not in to games at all, but am thinking of getting some kind of game for my 7yr old for Xmas. He's a brainy, creative kid who's in to Quests and Dragons and Fantasy stories, along with Greek mythology. I'm wondering if there's the perfect game that requires thinking and strategy and is in the theme of some sort of quest. Not too scary. Something where you're on an adventure and have to make decisions about where to go next and what to do next and involves some good thinking skills....Any suggestions?
11-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto/Vancouver
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtechmom View Post
Hi,
I am a low tech person. Am totally not in to games at all, but am thinking of getting some kind of game for my 7yr old for Xmas. He's a brainy, creative kid who's in to Quests and Dragons and Fantasy stories, along with Greek mythology. I'm wondering if there's the perfect game that requires thinking and strategy and is in the theme of some sort of quest. Not too scary. Something where you're on an adventure and have to make decisions about where to go next and what to do next and involves some good thinking skills....Any suggestions?
Any of the Puzzle Quest games might be good. It's basically a quest based game where any fight that happens is handled with a Bejewelled match 3 type puzzle.
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Knights of Pen & Paper and ARC Squadron.

Especially the first, take a look at the video of the second.
Apart from that...
Noteworthy is Need for Speed.
My picks too except NfS is too big in file for me. Also, the sales are really good!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Pocket RPG, yes or no?
11-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0replay View Post
Pocket RPG, yes or no?
Meh heard its ok
11-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0replay View Post
Pocket RPG, yes or no?
Big yes, but I always add the caveat that the only viable character (in my opinion) is the archer. Great Diablo-lite for iOS.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
11-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,921
Yes or no for OMG Pirates?

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
yes or no for omg pirates?
yes!!!

Playing Now: You Must Build A Boat, Marvel Future Fight, Hero Emblems
Waiting For: I Am Bread, The Executive
GameCenter: -jjj-