Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 AM

Default Jealous

Man am I jealous of your dev skills and work ethic, this looks excellent!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 AM

Looks awesome!! I was seeking the Dev Blog and the forum for Infos.

It's interesting that the dev adds more & more content, but had a 2012 release in mind. Let's see how fast he can roll it out (besides his real life ^^)

Does someone know:
Will this have a mission system/story ?! Like rescue civs, or find your wife etc.

I would like some kind of illness/disease system. Is that planned?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM

Hey guys! Thought I'd stop buy and post an update. There's been lots of Zombox development happenings lately, the most recent being all the new zombie types I've made for the game. Check them out!

(Click to enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YekNom
I would like some kind of illness/disease system. Is that planned?
No disease system currently planned, although it's something I've thought about.

As for missions/story...that's a work in progress
Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
When is release and is iPod touch 4 on the list supported?
Allow me to speak for Tyson here, since I visit the blog on daily basis, according to his blog the iPod Touch 4 will be supported.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombox View Post
Hey guys! Thought I'd stop buy and post an update. There's been lots of Zombox development happenings lately, the most recent being all the new zombie types I've made for the game. Check them out!

(Click to enlarge)

No disease system currently planned, although it's something I've thought about.

As for missions/story...that's a work in progress
Thx for updating!!!

The Zombies are so cool. I like Zombie Santa and the Bear XD Keep going, i'm really excited for Zombox!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Sweet. Just heard about this game. Guess its far from release still?
Well yup, there's no release date but he did say in his blog that his new year's resolution will be to release it this year, I also asked him about giving the game an estimated percentage of completion but he hasn't replied yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
Well yup, there's no release date but he did say in his blog that his new year's resolution will be to release it this year, I also asked him about giving the game an estimated percentage of completion but he hasn't replied yet.
Hey, I must have missed your 'percent of completion' comment.

I don't like to give numbers or dates because it's impossible to predict my work schedule or the types of 'bumps in the road' in the development process I could hit. For now I'm working on a strict "when it's done, but hopefully by the end of 2013" schedule.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombox View Post
Hey, I must have missed your 'percent of completion' comment.

I don't like to give numbers or dates because it's impossible to predict my work schedule or the types of 'bumps in the road' in the development process I could hit. For now I'm working on a strict "when it's done, but hopefully by the end of 2013" schedule.
Haha don't worry, you must be flooded between this and the job, that's good, thanks for the updates.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I wanted to check on the Zombox status and although this thread is quiet there's a lot of updating on zombox.net.
Quote:
Fainting, hunger pains and more…
Posted in Characters, Zombox on February 15th, 2013 by Tyson Ibele
Smaller update this week because most of what I worked on was just optimizing code…

The ailment system has some new additions:

When your character is bleeding, he’ll now attract all nearby zombies
When your character is too sleep deprived, there’s a chance he could pass out. This leaves you vulnerable. Clicking your character repeatedly, however, will slap him back awake
When your character is too hungry, he’ll clench his stomach to ease the hunger pains. This prevents you from using weapons until you eat again (although you’ll still be able to attack with your fists)
When you’re suffering from one or more ailments, you’ll slowly become delirious. This will cause the screen to wobble and your character will stumble around, unable to move in straight lines

Special attacks and attack bonus upgrades are also disabled while you’re in the later stages of suffering from any one of the three main ailment types.

Also, all 900 item icons were re-rendered at double resolution to make them look crisper at higher (retina) resolutions.

I’m also thinking about adding some food/sleep/health bonuses, that will give the player extra damage/speed/defense bonuses when you get extra food/sleep/meds. That will help to balance things out so you are inclined to eat/sleep/medicate yourself more often — not just to prevent death.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 PM

wow this looks awesome, love the art style.

Will keep an eye out on this one