Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetza View Post
haha it seems u dont know about the rivalry cy@n and i had..

..or have?
I was not aware of your rivality.

I mistook the flag of Luxembourg with the flag of the Netherlands. I mistakenly thought that you are a Dutchman. Therefore the jibe to soccer is less amusing taking into consideration that cy@n is German.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to feetza Send a message via Skype™ to feetza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfadfinder View Post

I mistook the flag of Luxembourg with the flag of the Netherlands. I mistakenly thought that you are a Dutchman. Therefore the jibe to soccer is less amusing taking into consideration that cy@n is German.
haha yeah, i'm also used to luxembourg losing 95% of their football games.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default level 86 under ragged platform

There was some interesting discussion lately about level 86.
It is no secret anymore that the title is misleading. The shortest way has to be somewhere through the mirrors similar to level 32 (my favorite one) or 38.

There are 3 junctions which can be used for transit through the mirrors
  • between platform and lower mirror
  • between mirrors
  • between uper mirror and rock

I rule out that the lowest junction is the key.

I have 3 questions to the wise gals and guys:
Are there other spots where the mirrors can be transited?
Is a junction or another spot the key?
Is the middle junction or the upper junction the key?

My best is 558 through middle junction. Arrows: 11, 12, 12, 1

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to feetza Send a message via Skype™ to feetza

hello jenny

the best known on 86 is 588 by going through the upper mirror and the rock.

use the arrows in this order: 12 , 11 , 12 , 1
Old 11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Cy@n posted some screenshots for level 86
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:

The Netherlands certainly beats Germany in CP! With three Dutchies in top 10, in fact, we are the world champions! :-)
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy.Henk View Post
The Netherlands certainly beats Germany in CP! With three Dutchies in top 10, in fact, we are the world champions! :-)
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Some remarks on buttons

Buttons, their function and malfunction are well known to the community.

Nonetheless I would like to pay some attention to these tiles.

Statistical words and figures

Until now Donut Games used 27 buttons in 18 levels. Consequently 18 % of all levels comprise buttons. Buttons are placed at ground at ceiling and on walls to the left and right. Buttons are not only oriented on 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree. Some are inclined differently.

In all levels which comprise buttons you will find another tile namely at least one trap door. Therefore buttons and trap doors come as a package.

A statistical overview you will find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UdsY0UyWHgwY1E
Function

Use butons in order to open trap doors. Every trap door is linked to exactly one button. Some buttons are not linked to a trap door - you may call such button dummy button.

Malfunction

a. In some levels you may pass trap doors without opening them prior to that. We call that malfunction trap door break through glitch.
In some levels this technique is required to reach known top score.

b. In some levels you may open a trap door, relaunch and let the trap door remain open. In most levels comprising buttons you have to use this technique in order to reach the known top score. You may call that glitch trap door relaunch glitch.

In few levels you have to combine a. and b. in order to reach the known top score. You may guess how many trap doors such levels have.

There are some (or only one) levels with buttons where both a and b are not needed to reach the known top score.

New finding

Mike speculated here
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=9321 that "Donut Games tried to fix the trapdoor glitch starting with level 78, but didn't quite succeed. The only thing they did was make it harder to do."

It is true that the trap door glitch (b) in level 78 may only be used under aggravated circumstances. The number of tries you need in average is considerably higher in level 78 compared to all prior levels. However, in all levels after level 78 it is easy again to use the trap door glitch. In other words it is only difficult to use the trap door glitch in level 78.

You may ask what is the reason for that abnormal behavior of level 78. The answer I would like to suggest is the following. I doubt that Donut Games wanted to fix the glitch. They just used a new type of button in that level. On closer look you will notice that the button in level 78 looks different from all other buttons in other levels.

The base of the button type 1 is black and some pixel thick. You will notice an elastic sping in the base. The base of the button type 2 introduced in level 78 is green, less thick and you do not see a spring in it. The clearance of the button in type 2 is smaller as in type 1. I assume therefore that the smaller clearance of type 2 gives you less time to find the right moment to relaunch.

Well, that finding may be new. Maybe it is not even that. Maybe I am completely wrong. But what is most disappointing is that this finding does not lead to any new point.

However, I hope that the reading of the above was entertaining at least.

Last edited by Pfadfinder; 11-04-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 04:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Lol. Probably some Gouda cheese in that bowl...

Last edited by Cowboy.Henk; 11-04-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Buttons, their function and malfunction are well known to the community.

Nonetheless I would like to pay some attention to these tiles.

Statistical words and figures

Until now Donut Games used 27 buttons in 18 levels. Consequently 18 % of all levels comprise buttons. Buttons are placed at ground at ceiling and on walls to the left and right. Buttons are not only oriented on 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree. Some are inclined differently.

In all levels which comprise buttons you will find another tile namely at least one trap door. Therefore buttons and trap doors come as a package.

A statistical overview you will find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UdsY0UyWHgwY1E
Function

Use butons in order to open trap doors. Every trap door is linked to exactly one button. Some buttons are not linked to a trap door - you may call such button dummy button.

Malfunction

a. In some levels you may pass trap doors without opening them prior to that. We call that malfunction trap door break through glitch.
In some levels this technique is required to reach known top score.

b. In some levels you may open a trap door, relaunch and let the trap door remain open. In most levels comprising buttons you have to use this technique in order to reach the known top score. You may call that glitch trap door relaunch glitch.

In few levels you have to combine a. and b. in order to reach the known top score. You may guess how many trap doors such levels have.

There are some (or only one) levels with buttons where both a and b are not needed to reach the known top score.

New finding

Mike speculated here
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=9321 that "Donut Games tried to fix the trapdoor glitch starting with level 78, but didn't quite succeed. The only thing they did was make it harder to do."

It is true that the trap door glitch (b) in level 78 may only be used under aggravated circumstances. The number of tries you need in average is considerably higher in level 78 compared to all prior levels. However, in all levels after level 78 it is easy again to use the trap door glitch. In other words it is only difficult to use the trap door glitch in level 78.

You may ask what is the reason for that abnormal behavior of level 78. The answer I would like to suggest is the following. I doubt that Donut Games wanted to fix the glitch. They just used a new type of button in that level. On closer look you will notice that the button in level 78 looks different from all other buttons in other levels.

The base of the button type 1 is black and some pixel thick. You will notice an elastic sping in the base. The base of the button type 2 introduced in level 78 is green, less thick and you do not see a spring in it. The clearance of the button in type 2 is smaller as in type 1. I assume therefore that the smaller clearance of type 2 gives you less time to find the right moment to relaunch.

Well, that finding may be new. Maybe it is not even that. Maybe I am completely wrong. But what is most disappointing is that this finding does not lead to any new point.

However, I hope that the reading of the above was entertaining at least.
Nice analysis pfad. Interesting read. Especially the odd button in 78 is quite cool actually.

Concerning your excel with the use of trapdoor glitches. Lvl 4 high requires the glitch. Lvl 50 high doesn't, you just jam through the door. Level 81 doesn't either.

Lvl 81 emphasizes an interesting phenomenon with regard to glitch doors. While most objects in cp behave consistently, Trapdoors swing randomly, it seems...

Also the fact that the ball bounces differently on a button after a relaunch, is quite interesting. It seems that the button keeps vibrating after the relaunch.

Also interesting is the trapdoor in lvl 60. It may fall either left of right. In fact if you tilt your phone sideways you may influence in which direction it falls. This is the only occurrence I know where earth gravity seems to influence the cp universe.

Last edited by Cowboy.Henk; 11-04-2012 at 05:10 PM..