Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
Episode 3 looks cool! Will Marty have some companions in later episodes?
It's definitely a feature we want to see at some point, though you would likely only get a partner during tougher boss fights. If we ever have a chance to do a full sequel - we'd totally be designing for a full party from the start.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post
Looking great, Josh! Really great How are you guys standing on the Greenlight stuff? Personally I think the whole thing is a massive fail, nothing but a huge popularity contest which means niche games will flounder in GL hell until all the "popular" games have already been picked I hope you're high in the charts, at least then we could see a PC version some time
Unfortunately we're only 90% of the way to even breaking into the top 100 - there's a lot of hate on Greenlight for games that were already released on mobile devices. The funny thing about that is pretty much everyone who hates SMRPG for that reason always seems to own at least one game that is available on iOS.

The good news is that the Steam crew has always been receptive of us in the past - we can still try to get on to Steam through the normal channels.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
Not sure how I mised this the first time . The trailer lookgs great!
First episode is free, so download it and give it a try! If you like it please consider buying episode 2 + 3. We need all the support we can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Can. Not. Wait.

The teasers are too much! Where is my Ep3?

One of my favorite iOS RPGs!!!
Glad you're excited - I hope episode 3 lives up to the hype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTNLegend View Post
This is by far the best nostalgia-based game for the iPhone. I can't believe I hated it the first time I played it past only two enemies and quit, only to return to the game months later. After beating episodes 1 & 2, I can say that I have never had more fun playing an original iPhone RPG. The music and setting of episode 2 reminds me why I miss the 80's so much. Very inventive, creative and quirky. I'm so glad episode 3 is coming so soon.
I'm glad you came back and tried it again - we did a huge balance update in May so maybe that improved your experience. With the upcoming update we've done even more to make the start of the first episode a better experience. We toned down the tutorials, tightened up the intro graphics, and made everything flow better. Hopefully more people who didn't initially enjoy it will come back and like what we've changed.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
iPad 2

Im a little bit confused I just finished the first episode. Should I buy the deluxe edition? Will my game transfer or do I need to start over?
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
Im a little bit confused I just finished the first episode. Should I buy the deluxe edition? Will my game transfer or do I need to start over?
This new update will add a deluxe upgrade to the free version that goes down in price with each episode bought. If you want to keep progress, buy Episode 2 now and then upgrade to deluxe when the new update hits (that will unlock Episode 3+ and all arena battles).
Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
This new update will add a deluxe upgrade to the free version that goes down in price with each episode bought. If you want to keep progress, buy Episode 2 now and then upgrade to deluxe when the new update hits (that will unlock Episode 3+ and all arena battles).
Arena battles...

[Insert .gif of Homer Simpson drooling...]

DBC
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Unfortunately we're only 90% of the way to even breaking into the top 100 - there's a lot of hate on Greenlight for games that were already released on mobile devices. The funny thing about that is pretty much everyone who hates SMRPG for that reason always seems to own at least one game that is available on iOS.

The good news is that the Steam crew has always been receptive of us in the past - we can still try to get on to Steam through the normal channels.
I noticed, mate, I noticed That's another reason why I'm growing to strongly dislike the GL community.. it brings out the trolling nastiness in people who are, for all intents and purposes, given free rein to be as malicious towards other developers as much as possible. That kind of reaction can be incredibly disheartening and it tarnishes the entire PLATFORM

Sadly it's another case of the "vocal minority"

Hopefully you guys can cut proper deals with Valve and get onto Steam without having to go through that troll-infested craphole on GL. I've seen amazing games get torn to shreds by the slathering hatemongers, for no other reason than "I dun lyk dis genere, loololol rpgmaykr crap" nonsense. Then you see games that don't even EXIST that get loved by everyone and Greenlit onto Steam -- I mean, wtf? Interstellar Marines? It doesn't EXIST! >_<
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 AM
iPad 2

Well the first episode was easily one of the most polished RPGs Ive played its a little short by RPG standards but perfect length for Saturday Morning cartoon standards

You guys should try to get this game on the WiiU eshop. Seems like it would be the perfect platform (besides mobile)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 8.x

Quote:
It's definitely a feature we want to see at some point, though you would likely only get a partner during tougher boss fights. If we ever have a chance to do a full sequel - we'd totally be designing for a full party from the start.
I hope you'll have a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Arena battles...

DBC
Done!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:18 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaroFN View Post
I hope you'll have a chance

Done!