★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

11-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao-shu View Post
When that happens, if you just keep running the repeated race a couple of times, you WILL get your bonus spin, and then it'll take you back outside the racing menu, as normal. I don't know why it sometimes loops like that.
This happens when you tap the race button multiple times before the dragon selection box comes up. It makes you run that same race the number of times you tapped the button.
11-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
Looks like the Eclipse dragon is coming.
When I read this my first thought was "Haven't we already had an Eclipse dragon?" But I guess we haven't. I can't keep up with all these limited solar event dragons. I didn't even know we were about to have an eclipse.

11-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
When I read this my first thought was "Haven't we already had an Eclipse dragon?" But I guess we haven't. I can't keep up with all these limited solar event dragons. I didn't even know we were about to have an eclipse.
We had an equinox dragon before. There is a total eclipse in Australia on November 13th or 14th. The new decoration will signal when the new dragon is available according to the description.

Last edited by Thornefeather; 11-03-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtail2010 View Post
I'm back to racing - 3 pieces to go. The wheel landed on a piece I already have so it said I'd have a bonus spin. Then it didn't give me one. Bah. And it keeps giving me the same race choice - Shimmering Faultline - without going back to the colosseum. Double bah.
I just got on a roll! Got the last 2 pieces of the time claw then 4 pieces of the statue. I only need 3 more pieces to summon Kairos
11-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornefeather View Post
Me too! First fail was a cactus, second was ash, and third try was a topaz! I don't think I've ever gotten the gemstone dragon this early before. Of course, I still want a display egg So more work to do still!
Topaz third time for me too in the ordinary breeding cave! Egg is lovely I think. Am also trying for display egg too but am so relieved to have got this one early. So many of the others still elude me. Can anyone remember their best combinations for seasonal. I have tried at least 100 times for this dragon and got so many fails
11-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,171
I have been going nonstop since the cactus and firefly was confirmed in both breeding cave and island with no luck. A lot of half hour and hour times today, who knows what my percentage will end up being but it's going to be very low. Well lucky last month, not so much this time around. I know it's early in the month but getting frustrating.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
11-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
I have been going nonstop since the cactus and firefly was confirmed in both breeding cave and island with no luck. A lot of half hour and hour times today, who knows what my percentage will end up being but it's going to be very low. Well lucky last month, not so much this time around. I know it's early in the month but getting frustrating.
I'm having the same problem as you. For only being out a few days I have bred a lot. Still no Topaz. Would definitely like to get it and my display egg out of the way before the Eclipse arrives.
11-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I'm having the same problem as you. For only being out a few days I have bred a lot. Still no Topaz. Would definitely like to get it and my display egg out of the way before the Eclipse arrives.
Well, finally have my first Topaz breeding on the island.
11-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Well, finally have my first Topaz breeding on the island.
Congrats! Another day and another big zero topaz for me.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 224
Good day. Topaz cooking on the island and astro bot cooking in gizmonauts.