10-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,670
^That's weird... Never crashed on my 4S or iPad3.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^That's weird... Never crashed on my 4S or iPad3.
Crashing way too much on my iPhone4s and so I decided to just finish it with the iPad. Crashed once or twice, but I was able to finish the game then. Hmm, might try a re-install and hard reset. Thanks for the info!

10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
Love this game but i'm running into some difficulty in world 3. I've already gone back and gotten an "S" for every level, but I still keep dying.

Maybe i'm using the wrong units?
I'm in exactly the same position, the difficulty spike at the beginning of world 3 is kind of ridiculous. I went back and grinded 3000 coins to upgrade my main char (healer) and my default melee unit and I just get totally raped on the first level of world 3.

IAP wall I guess?
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: Burlingame CA
Posts: 2,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbapook View Post
I'm in exactly the same position, the difficulty spike at the beginning of world 3 is kind of ridiculous. I went back and grinded 3000 coins to upgrade my main char (healer) and my default melee unit and I just get totally raped on the first level of world 3.

IAP wall I guess?
I prefer to regard it as "a pleasant challenge". Depends on whether you like difficulty or you want to breeze through. I don't see much reason to pay for IAP unless you want to upgrade all of your units and heroes, not just the primary ones you're using.
10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I prefer to regard it as "a pleasant challenge". Depends on whether you like difficulty or you want to breeze through. I don't see much reason to pay for IAP unless you want to upgrade all of your units and heroes, not just the primary ones you're using.
So what would you recommend to getting through that world? Just upgrading the default units? Or are other units better suited to the stuff you face?
10-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,670
Make matches FAAAST. At first i was a little casual playing the game, then i thought it needed some grinding to get past through. While grinding, i notice i was getting the hang of making matches in this game more, and i was doin them non-stop in a battle. So before making my grind target amount, i decided to give world 3 another go. Won it right away.

It's difficult, but it's doable. As DaviddesJ put it, it's just a change of pace from casual to almost hardcore. Then farming from there onward is sweeter.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Joined: May 2010
Location: Burlingame CA
Posts: 2,382
Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy the 2x gold IAP early on, so I guess "pay wall" could be a fair description. You need to pay some and grind a bit, or not pay and grind a lot. There's even more grinding after 3-10 to tackle 4-1.

For 3-1, I don't think it matters that much which units you use, you just need to get your hero to 3rd level (otherwise you just don't have enough HP) and pick some units to upgrade, either the early units to 3rd level or the later units to 2nd level.
10-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy the 2x gold IAP early on, so I guess "pay wall" could be a fair description. You need to pay some and grind a bit, or not pay and grind a lot. There's even more grinding after 3-10 to tackle 4-1.

For 3-1, I don't think it matters that much which units you use, you just need to get your hero to 3rd level (otherwise you just don't have enough HP) and pick some units to upgrade, either the early units to 3rd level or the later units to 2nd level.
Aw... Forgot i also had 2x gold IAP. Hmm...

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah, what I basically did was grind enough to level up my main char to lvl3, then use melee/archer/axeguy/witch all at lvl 2 or 3. The witch helped the most in throttling back the amount of damage taken, and the lvl 3 healing spell helps turn the tide a lot.

I can imagine with the 2x gold IAP the grind wouldn't seem that bad, and tbh even without it I basically ran through the entirety of Chapter 2 3 times to get enough gold. Once I did that, Chapter 3 levels weren't a pushover by any means, but they were doable.
11-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Any news on the update or its release?