Best Movie Player?

10-29-2012, 08:31 PM
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffekta View Post
Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but just wondering what people considered to be the best media player these days?

I was using AcePlayer but it's not been updated for the iPhone 5 screen and it could never handle 720p MKV files very well...

Patent troll Dolby has pwned all 3rd party movie and video players in the Appstore by demanding large sums of cash to use their patented AC3 decoder.

This essentially makes all video players in the appstore useless..well...at least I still have my old backups of the app files and XBMC to fall back upon(poor Hi10p support though..dammit!). Not sure how new iOS users will cope.
=/

AV Player was the 1st victim( got pulled from the Appstore). Power player, OPlayer,Buzz player, Gplayer(my player of choice) etc followed... I guess the only player left with AC3 support now is rush player. It is better than anything else in the Appstore now (and before) so long if you don't need hi10p (10 bit) video decoding.

Aceplayer has always belonged at the bottom of the barrel. Azul player is a movie player with a lot of flash but no bang...the developers have been adding lots of funtionalities but they have yet to improve video playback even once after 1-2 years x_X

If you are jailbroken you can try out XBMC(Free) and rushplayer+(Not free) on cydia . Video playback is pretty damn smooth even for non iOS native video formats thanks to real hardware decoding

Edit: Ah yes...iphone 5-->iOS6.0 --> not jailbroken. My bad. Just get rush player for 720p non 10 bit mkv files..get it quickly too before Dolby comes knocking at their doors.

Last edited by violentv; 10-30-2012 at 08:08 AM.
10-30-2012, 06:21 AM
#22
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: London
Posts: 81
I will try Rush player, thanks very much!

10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
#23
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: London
Posts: 81
Looks like they already got Rush Player. mkvs with AC3 don't have any sound.

Ah well.
11-03-2012, 05:43 AM
#24
Azul player

I would highly recommend using Azul player in that case. AV player is also a good alternative.

[URL=http://www.iphoneinformer.com/jailbreak/]how to jailbreak[/url]
11-03-2012, 12:39 PM
#25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKelly View Post
I would highly recommend using Azul player in that case. AV player is also a good alternative.
Free Promo Codes for "Movie Player HD+" app, it supports any video formats and subtitles:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/movie-player-hd+-audio-video/id545166457?ls=1&mt=8

JWM6A9NNAFMW
LLXPTAK7YALJ
RFRXJF4TT46A
F9YAAWT6TN3E
T4WPLPWPNWPM

Anyone want promo code? Please LIKE us, we post promo codes to Facebook regularly. Thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/mobilevideo.tv


Media Player PRO for iPhone: http://mobilevideo.tv
Follow Us to Get Promo Code: https://twitter.com/MobileVideoTV
11-03-2012, 01:47 PM
#26
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,330
CineXplayer seems to pay their license fees to Dolby..

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
11-03-2012, 09:20 PM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1302 View Post
Free Promo Codes for "Movie Player HD+" app, it supports any video formats and subtitles:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/movie-player-hd+-audio-video/id545166457?ls=1&mt=8

JWM6A9NNAFMW
LLXPTAK7YALJ
RFRXJF4TT46A
F9YAAWT6TN3E
T4WPLPWPNWPM

Anyone want promo code? Please LIKE us, we post promo codes to Facebook regularly. Thanks.
http://www.facebook.com/mobilevideo.tv

Does your app support 16:9 iphone 5 resolution? Anyone know any video player that support this resolution?
11-04-2012, 12:11 AM
#28
Having tried almost 10 different movie apps I must say currently Its playing is the best.AV player HD used to be pretty good but now its messed up.

Board and Card Game Addict
Twitter:@Rokrdude2 Gamecenter: Rokrdude2
All Time Favorites:PvZ|TWETY|Chaos Rings|CGS|T&E|Ascension|Puerto Rico|Ghost Stories|Elder Sign|RPG Dark Gate|RPG Fantasy Chronicles|Titan HD|Summoner Wars|Spectromancer
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM
#29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossepy View Post
Does your app support 16:9 iphone 5 resolution? Anyone know any video player that support this resolution?
Sorry, it doesn't support iphone5 yet.

Media Player PRO for iPhone: http://mobilevideo.tv
Follow Us to Get Promo Code: https://twitter.com/MobileVideoTV
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
#30
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokrdude View Post
Having tried almost 10 different movie apps I must say currently Its playing is the best.AV player HD used to be pretty good but now its messed up.
Does It's Playing do ac3?

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG