★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
well i played a lot of rpg so thanks but i know how it works and etc. no offence but your post explains very basic stuff. so sorry but as i said paladin is useable but it sucks
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the designers understand their game better than you do.
11-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfox76 View Post
I've hit the pay wall I think, got my party to Lvl 23, I wipped on a multi wave boss battle and don't have any cash to rez...so unless I'm missing something I can either pay for gold to resurrect or start over??? If that's the case that is quite weak:-(
In this worst case scenario you can start a new game to raise the cash. All your saves share gold and the room decor etc.

11-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfox76 View Post
I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree .. Paying $1.99 for a game, I don't expect it to be game over or pay more $$$ to continue...especially without any warning or preemptive indication that death may be perminant...5 hours in I really don't suddenly need to find out that all my progress is lost unless I want to pay more money or start over, it's weak sauce... Don't get me wrong I think the game is fantastic but the hidden IAP model sucks, much prefer knowing it all up front.
i cannot believe how entitled new gamers are...game over happens.. dont die. all these casuals are ruining good games.
11-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velasquezmc View Post
The blacksmith thing isn't too much of a problem, I got it to about level 5 and I win pretty much every roll with luck +5, and it takes about 3 real world hours to get it, but I usually just pay to finish it. The only big problem I have so far is its a little tedious to get a Collect quest that all the way across the map and I have to pay all that travel cost, makes. Sometimes I'll lose money on the quest just through travel cost. Also I wish the Paladins leader strike ability worked, it sucks when my paladin does less damage than my priest. Otherwise great game, can't wait to beat it and try again with all the classes I unlocked so far.
I agree with the traveling, but it really only felt awkward when collecting things for dex or the shaman etc, because you go far away, grab some stuff, come back, and repeat. It's a money pit.

Could be solved by having more than one quest at a time, so I could do a run and then come back.

Another solution would be to raise the % discount of items which lower travel costs?

I realize the gold % is higher oh collect quests, but its not enough for some of them.

Final note on the matter, someone else mentioned being able to fast travel...that would be sweet. You would have to roll high to avoid an encounter and the encounter could be with the highest level monsters in route.

Anyway, great game devs! I love the humor the design, and am enjoying the meta game aspect of the story.

Q: can you transfer characters to a new campaign?
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
Skill duration should apply to skills that have an effect for X number of turns, I believe. Vanish, from the Rogue, should be one of them.
Yeah the thing is that bonuses from inventory or decorations etc don't show up on your character stats. Would love to see the modified number with a different color or a +2 etc by it.

Also, the blacksmith doesn't seem to show bonuses either. I had a 2% success ring on (and on the same chapter who was getting outfitted) but still had my regular success rate listed.

@Devs: as a heads up, I have had the game freeze on me twice. Both times it was the last enemy dying my fire, or maybe bleeding. This is only twice in...like 8 or 9 hours of play though.
11-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
i cannot believe how entitled new gamers are...game over happens.. dont die. all these casuals are ruining good games.

Actually a lot of hardcore gamers are entitled too. I just read an article that pointed out a lot of the issues with IAP occur from older players who have been gaming for years. They are more familiar with a gaming purchase plan which nets them the entire experience after their purchase. Something that is going away.

Up until a few years ago, you have been able to buy a game and get the entire game experience on the same playing field as everyone else. With IAP and future DLC that has started to fade.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
11-03-2012, 01:38 PM
What's with all the Paladin hate? It's kind of boring to use because it can't scratch anything, but my other party members rarely take damage. I think it makes the game almost too easy.
11-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the designers understand their game better than you do.
understand the game, that's interesting but has nothing to do with what i was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
What's with all the Paladin hate? It's kind of boring to use because it can't scratch anything, but my other party members rarely take damage. I think it makes the game almost too easy.
really? upgraded threat skill only and still he takes not that many attacks, plus in boss fights you would like to deal a lot dmg instead of taking, i am looking at you castle defence quest. anyway he is useful in a party like one paladin and 4 mages or barbarians. but even than i would take cleric or another mage. plus guys cmon it's fantasy world, rpg and paladin fights like a mage.

Last edited by eev; 11-03-2012 at 02:56 PM.
11-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I like the pally. I've got his threat up to around 80% so my guys only get hit twice out of every 10 attacks. Works out pretty well.

I personally think the druid's hibernate spell is way too OP. I just put everybody to sleep and beat down 1 at a time. Game has been a breeze so far.

Can anyone post where to unlock all the extra heroes? I cant remember where i found the Barb, but i found the Knight at Sunset Castle after completing the Battle Skeleton quest.
11-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarclipse View Post
@Devs: as a heads up, I have had the game freeze on me twice. Both times it was the last enemy dying my fire, or maybe bleeding. This is only twice in...like 8 or 9 hours of play though.
Is that the case when you then are stuck in battle, but no enemy to attack? If that's the case, use shield instead of attacking the void - it worked for me as a workaround sometimes.