★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnieholic View Post
not sure if it was a glitch but before the new update, when on the merchant screen i was able to click on my character name and/or the monster name and get the drop down that showed all the stats but since the update when i tap nothing happens.
Hi there, in general you shouldn't be able to click on the healthbars and get the drop downs unless you are fighting the merchant (when you exit the shop without buying anything). Not sure if that was glitched in previous update, as I had not noticed it happening!

Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook
11-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
Hi there, in general you shouldn't be able to click on the healthbars and get the drop downs unless you are fighting the merchant (when you exit the shop without buying anything). Not sure if that was glitched in previous update, as I had not noticed it happening!
i thought it was like that so you could see what upgrades you had and if you maybe wanted to save your coins and wait for the next merchant.

11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnieholic View Post
i thought it was like that so you could see what upgrades you had and if you maybe wanted to save your coins and wait for the next merchant.
Yes that is true too. In the merchant shop btw you can still see the upgrades (but only the ones being sold), if you notice next to the upgrade name it says "- Lvl x", where x is the upgrade you are buying. But yea you are right, currently you cannot see all the abilities you have unless you leave the shop. i should probably change that.

Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook
11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 320
Just finished the 1.3.2 update, waiting now to see if i can hopefully have the Chinese translation ready before submitting the update!

I included many bug fixes and balancing issues such as:

- New difficulties are much easier to unlock
- Some quests will feel better balanced now and more rewarding (ofc more changes in later updates)
- Merchant will properly give feedback now if you do not have enough coins to buy an item during a dungeon
- The gold exploit from a specific monster ability is now fixed
- The bug that did not allow you to earn gold from completing quests is now fixed
- A bug regarding gaining coins from the arena is fixed
- A bug that displayed wrong text in the inventory help is fixed
- Quite a lot code optimisations which are not so visible to you though

And probably some other stuff i am forgetting now. I added some other nice surprises also

Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook
11-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 9
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've noticed this happening quite a few times as I've progressed through the game. During a match, when I encounter a merchant, sometimes I am not given the option to "confirm" the purchase of a skill. I always have more than enough gold, but when I click on an option to upgrade a skill, I am unable to purchase any of the options given to me besides leaving the shop and fighting the merchant who is at 1 health. I will try to get a screenshot if it happens again.
11-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: France
Posts: 77
Another update ? Damn, you're fast !

Nice little things in this one. Will the "XP threshold" bug be fixed with this update ?
11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naie View Post
During a match, when I encounter a merchant, sometimes I am not given the option to "confirm" the purchase of a skill. I always have more than enough gold, but when I click on an option to upgrade a skill, I am unable to purchase any of the options given to me besides leaving the shop and fighting the merchant who is at 1 health.
That's normal when you haven't unlocked the higher levels of a skill in the shop. Initially the max level is 5. I was also surprised at first then found the upgeading possibility, which gave the reason.
11-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 9
DS discussed on iPad today

http://twit.tv/show/ipad-today/120

If anyone needs convincing!!!!!
11-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naie View Post
Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've noticed this happening quite a few times as I've progressed through the game. During a match, when I encounter a merchant, sometimes I am not given the option to "confirm" the purchase of a skill. I always have more than enough gold, but when I click on an option to upgrade a skill, I am unable to purchase any of the options given to me besides leaving the shop and fighting the merchant who is at 1 health. I will try to get a screenshot if it happens again.
Hi, yep as Estrica said that is normal until you unlock the higher levels in the shop menu! The new update I am preparing will have some additional feedback to give to make it less confusing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jarboo View Post
Another update ? Damn, you're fast !

Nice little things in this one. Will the "XP threshold" bug be fixed with this update ?
Yep, that is one one of the things i forgot to write :P It is fixed


Quote:
Originally Posted by PDP View Post
DS discussed on iPad today

http://twit.tv/show/ipad-today/120

If anyone needs convincing!!!!!
Thats awesome, thanks for heads up! (it is after 24:00)


Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook

Last edited by Syen; 11-04-2012 at 09:46 AM.
11-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
Thats awesome, thanks for heads up! (it is after 24:00)

YouTube: video
wow, they didn't really know how to play this game
i mean they didn't really pay attention on how much damage they do and how many hp the monster has left, only took parts of the gold when they could take so much more, and so on.

but nice to see this game featured somewhere - i hope it gets the attention it deserves, still loving it. i think i'll start over the next days (waiting for 1.3.2) just to be sure that i don't suffer from those nasty save bug or other early bugs.