Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well, how about that - I guess Vovin's artistic efforts triggered something in my brain, since I just wrote a "Here is the story behind a sword" piece myself. It's hardly Shakespeare or anything but it's ages since I did a short piece (to say nothing of how long it's been since I wrote anything that might qualify as "fanfiction" ) so, yeah, I was kind of surprised to suddenly feel so compelled to get this thing down. It's just short of 2,000 words, so it'd need more than two posts to get it in this forum. Can I post it, mods? Or would that be inappropriate? I'm not planning on doing anything else with it right now, but I quite like it, and it'd be neat to have other people who're into God of Blades tell me if they think I've nailed swashbuckling Ye Olde Pulp Fantasy-speak. Or if I'm doing it wrong.

And the blog post is great - if you keep up this standard of production values I'm more than happy for content updates for the meantime rather than any new game. The new background looks every bit as good as the others so far.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I find the last boss frustratingly difficult. Managed to beat him but wait...he revives for another round *ragequit*
Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Well, how about that - I guess Vovin's artistic efforts triggered something in my brain, since I just wrote a "Here is the story behind a sword" piece myself. It's hardly Shakespeare or anything but it's ages since I did a short piece (to say nothing of how long it's been since I wrote anything that might qualify as "fanfiction" ) so, yeah, I was kind of surprised to suddenly feel so compelled to get this thing down. It's just short of 2,000 words, so it'd need more than two posts to get it in this forum. Can I post it, mods? Or would that be inappropriate? I'm not planning on doing anything else with it right now, but I quite like it, and it'd be neat to have other people who're into God of Blades tell me if they think I've nailed swashbuckling Ye Olde Pulp Fantasy-speak. Or if I'm doing it wrong.

And the blog post is great - if you keep up this standard of production values I'm more than happy for content updates for the meantime rather than any new game. The new background looks every bit as good as the others so far.

No, I guess there's no problem to post this since it is directly related to the game and no spam or other unacceptable topic (like price discussion or trolling). It would be awesome if we could read it.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannaffendy View Post
I find the last boss frustratingly difficult. Managed to beat him but wait...he revives for another round *ragequit*

Parrying is the key, especially his projectiles. Try studying which attack patterns he prefers and act accordingly.
I found him to be quite easy with the Sword of Welleran. Witchblade and Whisper are good choices, too... not for the special abilities (except Whisper), but these swords are slightly faster than his weapon and you might be able to interrupt his strikes if you're fast enough. I try relying on the upward swing, in my opinion the fastest strike. The only letdown is the damage output, it takes a while with light blades to knock his health away.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Moon_Ladder View Post
whoa...this is awesome....
That you were inspired to write this is incredible! While making God of Blades, we hoped, but never dreamed that such talented and inspiring folks like yourself would be moved to create things like this after playing it.

Your insightful look at the relationship between the Nameless King and the legendary blades is fantastic, and we are so happy to see people exploring that theme. Who is summoning who? Who is wielding who?

Thank you!

Thanks for your kind words...
Now I can't wait to see Melodia forged...

And I would like to know more about The Whispering Lady. She's still a mystery for me. Or is this another one of your hidden riddles? I just wonder that she's not more on topic here.
Well, maybe she was his chambermaid back then.

Last edited by Vovin; 10-23-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

That new jellyfish environment looks fantastic. Definitely getting more excited for this update. Will there be new music as well? Kinda my favorite part of the experience
What music inspired the soundtrack? Somebody on here said they heard Tangerine Dream and I agree but I also hear some Goblin in there. Some of it reminds me of giallo movie soundtracks in general and spacey "krautrock" like Ash Ra Tempel. Would be very interested in knowing some of your influences 'cause I'm always on the prowl for music. Oh and if you guys did a vinyl release, I'd be all over that like flies on s#%#. JS
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM

man i am stuck and just getting frustrated, Im on the Heart of the VOID - The Eye of the void which is the 4th area in this place and i keep loosing , im loosing my temper too LOL.... wish there was a way to heal LOL....enemies totally should drop potions sometimes or something maybe magic spells you can cast in the game beside the blade ability? how do i beat this area do i have to parry everything?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 PM

and holy crap Vovin that is AWESOME, you made me look at this game completely different now..cant wait to see your sword and vision forged.

White Whale you should totally make a ACTION Rpg type game rather then a runner, it would be INCREDIBLE, like i almost feel like with the worlds you create it could be like a Dark Souls/Demon Souls type of Atmosphere...You could have so many different types of weapons, abilities, spells, armor sets omg loot!!!!! but not just a running game like a action rpg platformer style but keep the same control scheme for attacks cause its perfect..

I need to get to a library and unlock some swords, i wonder if the part im stuck on would be easier with some better swords...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusionaltool View Post
man i am stuck and just getting frustrated, Im on the Heart of the VOID - The Eye of the void which is the 4th area in this place and i keep loosing , im loosing my temper too LOL.... wish there was a way to heal LOL....enemies totally should drop potions sometimes or something maybe magic spells you can cast in the game beside the blade ability? how do i beat this area do i have to parry everything?
The special move Rapacity in the Darkstar blade will give you some life back as well as stall your opponents. But yeah, you should parry quite a bit. Especially against slayers. I will normally use the forward double attack then immediately parry creating distance and then wait for an opening and attack again. Sword of Welleran is what I normally use so it only takes 3 strikes against slayers.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This is going to sound like a silly complaint/request and I apologize if it's been mentioned before but...is there any way that we could have an option to turn off the "slowdown" that happens after a boss fight during eternal mode? I can't tell you how many times I've had a flawless game ruined because I got whacked by a seriously weak enemy since I was unable to time my attacks correctly cause I was moving in slow-motion.

I absolutely hate this part of the game.