Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rein37 View Post
This is going to sound like a silly complaint/request and I apologize if it's been mentioned before but...is there any way that we could have an option to turn off the "slowdown" that happens after a boss fight during eternal mode? I can't tell you how many times I've had a flawless game ruined because I got whacked by a seriously weak enemy since I was unable to time my attacks correctly cause I was moving in slow-motion.

I absolutely hate this part of the game.
It's part of the game design, adjust to it. If not for that, there'd be lesser visual flair, and lesser difficulty. I love the balance in this game, and that includes putting you offguard with slo mos and other subtle variations in the game.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I can't wait for the "jellyfish" update!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It's part of the game design, adjust to it. If not for that, there'd be lesser visual flair, and lesser difficulty. I love the balance in this game, and that includes putting you offguard with slo mos and other subtle variations in the game.
This game is far from lacking in visual flair, so the last thing it needs is a component that negatively affects gameplay. Besides not being able to accurately time attacks, more often than not my attacks will simply sail right through enemies while this slow-mo is going on. It's really obnoxious.

Heck, I think I'm ranked #12 or 13 on the leaderboards right now so it's not like I'm not playing the game a whole he#@ of a lot and don't know what I'm doing.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hi WW guys. Read somewhere you are the 'sibling' studio of Tiger Style. May I know more about this? Is it the company is owned by the same person, or you guys are formerly from Tiger Style?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Hi WW guys. Read somewhere you are the 'sibling' studio of Tiger Style. May I know more about this? Is it the company is owned by the same person, or you guys are formerly from Tiger Style?
I can answer! We're just awesome buds with Tiger Style- they're great friends here in the Austin indie game development community making mega pretty things (big fans of Waking Mars & Spider! ), and they've been tremendously supportive of White Whale over the past year.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

This explain many things...Spider and Waking Mars are among my favorites games...now in good company with God of Blades.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

FOLKS! Sorry to have been silent lately but we've been busting it pretty hard working super long days getting our MEGA content update ready. We hope to submit it for review today. Its going to be 100% free. I can't tell you everything that it includes (just this second) but I can tell you that it has two new environments and that one of them has freaking dragons in it.

And yes Tiger Style is awesome. They're great people and their games are outstanding. They were testers on God of Blades and gave us lots of good advice. We also hang out with them regularly.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yes! I HEART dragons!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserwolf View Post
FOLKS! Sorry to have been silent lately but we've been busting it pretty hard working super long days getting our MEGA content update ready. We hope to submit it for review today. Its going to be 100% free. I can't tell you everything that it includes (just this second) but I can tell you that it has two new environments and that one of them has freaking dragons in it.

And yes Tiger Style is awesome. They're great people and their games are outstanding. They were testers on God of Blades and gave us lots of good advice. We also hang out with them regularly.

OMG, I can't wait! Bring it on, Apple!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^Amen to that!