Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Wow, this was kind of a odd experience...

WG is like the shell of a super awesome, OMG amazing MP game that feels like the developers got almost all the way to the end and then walked away.

Smallish but cool maps, controls (while not awful) are certainly not great, no real options for customization, no levels, limited, underdeveloped characters...

And yet, the game itself oozes (like I said) top level quality, just unfinished.

Playing it was a brief, weird, oddly hopeful experience. Here's hoping they finish what they started. Getting it for free, if it became fully realized, I'd gladly pony up some cash...

DBC
Old 11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Game don't even work on my iPod 4th gen.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This worth the time to grab it now and wait for a potential update?
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
This worth the time to grab it now and wait for a potential update?
For me? I wouldn't hesitate to say yes. Frankly, you might even enjoy it as is. I would be curious what your thoughts are if you do download it...

DBC
Old 11-03-2012, 09:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I remember this game getting a huge amount of attention here (other ios sites? I don't visit them, so I wouldn't know).

At the time, I tried the free version which, IIRC, didn't even have enemies. And the controls needed an overhaul.

Well, I'll grab it now. I'm sure there was much "smashing of the buy button" when it was released. As for me? I'm comfortable being 3 or so months behind everyone else. I think that stems from my heavy PC gaming days, when I would wait for the inevitable expansions to be released and later bundled in a Gold or Collection version, whatever name the publisher gave to it.

Same with console games. It isn't possible to play every worthy release; I might as well work my way through the sales.

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-04-2012 at 10:13 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 09:47 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
For me? I wouldn't hesitate to say yes. Frankly, you might even enjoy it as is. I would be curious what your thoughts are if you do download it...

DBC
Alright, I'll give it a download then! Thanks!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 AM

it is back to 99 cents.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizMan View Post
it is back to 99 cents.
Yup. That's about how long freebies used to last most of the time.

I prefer it when apps go free for no more than 24 hours. They're less likely to get watered down w/iaps. Also, judging from the post-mortems I've read, developers rarely recoup much money at all after extended (say, 3 days or more) free periods.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

I got this day 1 when it got released. The hype for this game was huge here on TA and everyone was talking about this game and THE graphics. This game had huge potential of becoming one of the main multiplayer FPS games on the AppStore. But I believe the majority of players were disappointed when it released... Then Warm gun vanished in the wind...

Maybe they put it up for free because of the lack of players? I remember another game doing that recently, Free 2 Die, I believe.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
I got this day 1 when it got released. The hype for this game was huge here on TA and everyone was talking about this game and THE graphics. This game had huge potential of becoming one of the main multiplayer FPS games on the AppStore. But I believe the majority of players were disappointed when it released... Then Warm gun vanished in the wind...

Maybe they put it up for free because of the lack of players? I remember another game doing that recently, Free 2 Die, I believe.
Free2Die went freemium. So did all Everplay games apparently. Make sure you avoid purchasing anything released by Everplay if you don't take pleasure in getting conned. Scammed. Etc.