Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 AM
iPad mini

Default FlyHight Cloudia [Universal RPG by Embedded Arts]

Has some issues (like superfast autoadvancing dialogue), but overall not bad so far. Strangely it's free with no ads and (so far) no IAP.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Has some issues (like superfast autoadvancing dialogue), but overall not bad so far. Strangely it's free with no ads and (so far) no IAP.
Really? Could it be true? On it.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:21 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Yeah., I downloaded this Friday night/Saturday morning while browsing the new releases on my iphone. Haven't gotten a chance to delve in, because after I hit the help button, I saw quite a bit of info was there and didn't feel like reading it early in the morning/late ar night.

But I was surprised to find a random Japanese developed game with seemingly full English translation and no ad popups.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM

Actually I'm surprised that this seems to be ignored by the majority of players.
It's actually pretty good and very reminiscent of recent Kemco games.
The story is cliched and JRPG'ish, but the setting is quite different since you're up in the skies, do airship battles and stuff. Kinda like Skies of Arcadia light.
Animation and pixel art is are very nice, especially for a free game.
Also there are NO IAP, very strange considering the quality of this game.

There are a few drawbacks though:
The encounter rate is ridiculously high. Literally every few steps.
Fights on the other hand normally last a few seconds, so it's endurable.

Biggest drawback however ist the fact, that during cutscenes (and there are many) the text advances automatically and with the speed of light.
It's getting really tiring after a while and keeps an otherwise above par game from being as good as it could be.
Should the developer read this: Build in a button and let the player decide the pace of the cutscenes. As soon as that is fixed, I could wholeheartedly recommend this as a very fun mobile JRPG.
Fast readers might enjoy it as it is anyway.

Last edited by Crovii; 10-08-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Can't sell equipment?

Been playing this a couple of days now. It's ok, but you cant even sell equipment!! I hope I'm wrong so I'll continue playing. Does anyone know whether you're able to?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Crovii has it down to the dot. I played this game about 20 mins, then decided I have other better titles so i deleted it.

If you're looking for a good FREE rpg without IAPs or anything, check out Tunnel Tail. If you can spend a couple bucks, Dragon Fantasy, Guardian Saga and Monster RPG 2 are better pickups and provide somehow similar but superior experiences.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Cool...I'll check it out, cheers
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

They are releasing an update this week to slow down the text and improve on some of the bugs. It is one of the better free games.

If you want in my opinion one of the best 2d rpgs than RPG fantasy chronicle is amazing. I logged in 30 hours and still have not done post game content...main game was 24 hours. Keep checking to see if it is on special cause it sometimes drops to 99 cents but in my opinion was worth the $7.49 I paid.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

They fixed the dialogue speed in the update!

Has anyone got up to the town of Poultiliux? I am trying to do the lingerie side quest by finding the thief and I searched EVERYWHERE! I found a secret ruins that is locked, a box tower that is locked, a secret pass to become a member, and a random empty room that you can secretly enter from hidden side entrances. This town in packed full of stuff its ridiculous lol.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

I take it no one has managed to get to poultiliux yet? Once you complete the divine tower return to do the side quest. I am curious if anyone is able to figure out what to do for the thief. There is a rock that you can search to the left which is quite difficult to get to but it opens up after talking to the sick kid in bed. Talk to him again after searching the empty ruins. I have found nothing.

Finally finished it...managed to round up Air crests 1-18, 24,26 and 27. No idea where the others are apart from one in the castle that I have to figure out. Quite challenging but addictive.

Last edited by JoeRpg; 11-04-2012 at 06:30 AM..