Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Really regretting getting Ragnarok Odyssey. At first it was a fantastic game, but after 2 hours, it's just the same attacks and same type quests over and over. It's basically like that the whole game from what I've heard.
If that's true I might just skip it, I was already having doubts if I would enjoy the game or not.

The multiplayer portion of the game doesn't make it fun?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
Really regretting getting Ragnarok Odyssey. At first it was a fantastic game, but after 2 hours, it's just the same attacks and same type quests over and over. It's basically like that the whole game from what I've heard. I'll be swapping it out for Liberation or Virtue's Last Reward tomorrow.
It's because of the subgenre of RPG it is. Monster Hunter is the same way, but less action oriented. They are only really fun if you play with friends- by yourself, forget about it. I wouldn't have gotten it if it weren't for one of my friends. Probably won't play it much by myself either. My biggest gripe with these types of games is a lack of much story, and lack of exploration. They revolve around doing quests, killing monsters/collecting items, and getting better equipment- pretty much all you do. I'd definitely go for Virtue's Last Reward- you'll get a lot more gameplay out of it than Assassin's Creed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
If that's true I might just skip it, I was already having doubts if I would enjoy the game or not.

The multiplayer portion of the game doesn't make it fun?
I would not recommend getting it if you don't have friends to play with. You can play with random strangers in this- actually forgot about that until now. But still, you'll have the most fun playing with friends, less fun playing with strangers, and the least amount of fun playing by yourself. If you aren't a fan of Monster Hunter, God Eater, or Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable, then you won't like this.

Last edited by tygamr; 11-04-2012 at 12:33 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
with all due respect sir, IMHO, uncharted IS the best game on vita. ive never felt such experience with other vita games. not LBP, not ACL and not even NFSMW. but i agree with the rest you have said, they just bored, low production and not fun.
Completely agree Uncharted is the only game I believe the developers really made an effort in it's almost worth buying a Vita for alone. Resistance isn't great it feels very unfinished but it's still a lot better than Gamelofts attempts imho.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:12 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Production values matter only if the game is actually good. Modern Combat 3 is a much better shooter than Resistance (and it even looks better); a piece of lint is better than Uncharted Vita, which I consider to be one of the worst professionally made games of this generation.
I wouldn't say Uncharted was 'that' bad. Sure, it lacked the big set pieces that the PS3 trilogy has, but I still think it tops anything I've played on iOS. I would personally consider Dead Space iOS and Mass Effect iOS to be 'pro developed' and yet despite most iOS gamers raving over them, they're FAR worse than Uncharted... thank god they both cost less than 5.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D! View Post
I wouldn't say Uncharted was 'that' bad. Sure, it lacked the big set pieces that the PS3 trilogy has, but I still think it tops anything I've played on iOS. I would personally consider Dead Space iOS and Mass Effect iOS to be 'pro developed' and yet despite most iOS gamers raving over them, they're FAR worse than Uncharted... thank god they both cost less than 5.
Frankly, I thought that even Gameloft's Uncharted clone, as crappy as it was, was a better game than Uncharted Vita. I've never felt as disrespected as a gamer by a developer as I did while playing Uncharted. Both Dead Space and Mass Effect (the iOS versions) are far better games than Uncharted -- they have better stories, better action, better combat mechanics, and far more challenge. The game pretty much encapsulates (and magnifies) everything that is wrong with contemporary console gaming. But it does look pretty, I'll give you that . And Sully is pretty cool.

Not trying to offend provoke anyone: I just have pretty strong feelings about that game. If you enjoyed it, more power to you. Personally I wouldn't use it a yardstick to measure Vita gaming against other platforms.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Creed Shapes: Liberation

and Titled Creed

are pretty funny games.

Really though, I'd call the glitches in AC3L funny and not annoying.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Frankly, I thought that even Gameloft's Uncharted clone, as crappy as it was, was a better game than Uncharted Vita
Wait, are you saying that you found Shadow Guardian to be better than Uncharted Vita?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Frankly, I thought that even Gameloft's Uncharted clone, as crappy as it was, was a better game than Uncharted Vita. I've never felt as disrespected as a gamer by a developer as I did while playing Uncharted. Both Dead Space and Mass Effect (the iOS versions) are far better games than Uncharted -- they have better stories, better action, better combat mechanics, and far more challenge. The game pretty much encapsulates (and magnifies) everything that is wrong with contemporary console gaming. But it does look pretty, I'll give you that . And Sully is pretty cool.
I have not played uncharted. I would agree that resistance is a joke compared to similar iOS games. But Gameloft's shadow guardian a better game than Uncharted??I could not bear to complete that thing. It was incredibly boring and repetitive, the only thing going for it was great graphics. (Still are good by today's standards, actually, just needed AA on the iPad).
Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 AM
iPhone 4S

all these ios games does not come even close to uncharted golden abyss lol... wtf is wrong with that guy, he doesnt even have a vita. just coming here to troll around.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
all these ios games does not come even close to uncharted golden abyss lol... wtf is wrong with that guy, he doesnt even have a vita. just coming here to troll around.
Square is a mod...