Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 PM

ive register just so i can express my frustration towards this game. we've been given a demo of a game that we paid and we've been told that the updates will keep coming in so we can progress through the game. That's not what is happening its been forever we we havent had a content expansion yet and as i saw earlier in the post, there gonna be 10 expansions (1.1 1.2 1.3 all the way to 2) and at this rate its gonna take years. i know your trying your best but this game shouldnt came out or should had be free since its only a demo and even demos are longer than that.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
ive register just so i can express my frustration towards this game. we've been given a demo of a game that we paid and we've been told that the updates will keep coming in so we can progress through the game. That's not what is happening its been forever we we havent had a content expansion yet and as i saw earlier in the post, there gonna be 10 expansions (1.1 1.2 1.3 all the way to 2) and at this rate its gonna take years. i know your trying your best but this game shouldnt came out or should had be free since its only a demo and even demos are longer than that.
The reason it's been pushed back is he doing a lot of engine reworking now too. 1.1 is vastly superior to 1.0 in many aspects. Originally he hadn't planned to be reworking so many things and instead expected to only be adding more story and content for 1.1.

He's currently working on making the app universal and adding iPhone 5 display support. He's added some animations to battle, reworked the UI in a number of ways, done some new maps, added some new things to the overall ambience(clouds have shadows now, for instance). More storage space has been added, etc, etc.

1.1 is going to be a significant improvement, and it IS coming.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM

who cares??? its only gonna be version 1.1 and it wont be full till it reaches 2.0 were gonna get maybe an hour more of story and then were gonna wait another 6 months for a bit more of the story?? dont get me wrong the game looks good but should have waited a bit more before sending it to apple
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
who cares??? its only gonna be version 1.1 and it wont be full till it reaches 2.0 were gonna get maybe an hour more of story and then were gonna wait another 6 months for a bit more of the story?? dont get me wrong the game looks good but should have waited a bit more before sending it to apple
If he had waited even longer, we would end up with a game with a lot of story and maps but no where near the new amount of polish, which is largely thanks to player feedback. Which is the main reason he released it in its early state. He's even SAID that it's an early state.

He released it early so that players could help shape the game, and he has proven that he takes community feedback to heart and makes use of it.

Most of us like that fact. And you won't be waiting this long next time, he will mainly need to work on maps and story content for 1.2. He also intends to implement abilities and things in 1.2.

The game is growing, and he's aware he decided to do too much in 1.1 and didn't intend for it to take this long. And he's stated that he will try to do more manageable amounts of work per release in the future.

It's like you're upset that he's trying to make the game significantly better instead of throwing some more story into a game he didn't feel was up to par in the end.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Default Do not buy the game

DO NOT buy this game I repeat DO NOT buy this game it's been six months sense the last update maybe if it was a free game but its not so don't buy this game

Really wish there was a refund button on iTunes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by willism2112 View Post
DO NOT buy this game I repeat DO NOT buy this game it's been six months sense the last update maybe if it was a free game but its not so don't buy this game

Really wish there was a refund button on iTunes
Really?! I have to disagree. You should judge the game by what you played not what you expect to receive via updates.
And personally I enjoyed this when it came out, sure its not very long but at the same time it's not very expensive.
Also if I'm not mistaken isn't this made by one guy?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Neo's been posting weekly progress updates on how development going and has also stated that after 1.1 he won't be doing huge updates again but will instead do more manageable smaller ones.

Yes the game hasn't received an update in like 3 months, but the developer hasn't fallen off the face of the earth, he's still working hard to make the game better.

October last year isn't 6 months ago people

Last edited by Seil; 01-19-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 02:14 PM

This game is so dead at this rate i might die before the game comes out micromon looks way better
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
This game is so dead at this rate i might die before the game comes out micromon looks way better
You know it's actually out now, right? Though updates are kinda taking forever. It's ok, I'll redownload when the next update hits.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 AM

Sorry i dont call it release when you have 5mins of gameplay