★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypeon View Post
There ARE examples of bad IAP, but this isn't one.
I totally agree. I just generalized because that post was already getting kind of long.

I forgot to ask the question I came here to ask. Does anyone know if spending a night at the inn actually increases difficulty? The DM tells us that, but I haven't noticed any change. I spend A LOT of nights at the inn to save gold.

And is anyone going for a speed run, for the campaign leaderboards? I tend to really take my time with rpgs, so I'll never be competing for that. But I think it's fascinating that this is an option in the game.
11-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTheGhost View Post
I totally agree. I just generalized because that post was already getting kind of long.

I forgot to ask the question I came here to ask. Does anyone know if spending a night at the inn actually increases difficulty? The DM tells us that, but I haven't noticed any change. I spend A LOT of nights at the inn to save gold.

And is anyone going for a speed run, for the campaign leaderboards? I tend to really take my time with rpgs, so I'll never be competing for that. But I think it's fascinating that this is an option in the game.
Been wondering about the difficulty as well, but haven't seen any difference either.

Not trying for the leaderboards; this game seems a bit too long for something like that. I could imagine a shorter campaign (about an hour or so) for speed runs, but considering the number of hours it takes to beat the main campaign, I can't imagine doing it over and over and over for speed runs.

11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
When and where can you unlock new classes? ._.
11-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDG00 View Post
When and where can you unlock new classes? ._.
Happens after certain quests while you're playing. You will know because the quest will involve an NPC of the unlockable class.
11-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I've unlocked the barbarian, hunter, shaman, and knight. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough, but what are the other two? And, if you'd be so kind, what are their abilities?

I'm in the situation that i feel like I'm playing lesser classes that I've skilled incorrectly. And, as opposed to paying gold for respecs or leveling up better classes, I expect to start a new game with the best characters possible. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the other two are better than my current options.

Right now, I'm set on a Druid healer and rogue/Mage as dps ---- all available from the beginning. And between paladin, knight, and berserker, I'd make a choice for a tank...and one more dps.
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Huh.. I see
Can you change class? Or you have to delete a
Character then make a new one?
11-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
Is that the case when you then are stuck in battle, but no enemy to attack? If that's the case, use shield instead of attacking the void - it worked for me as a workaround sometimes.
Yeah that happened one time and I did something like that to get out of it. So there's another tweak.

Also a heads up, someone said it seemed like the items which are supposed to reduce travel expense x% actually INCREASES the cost and I can confirm that to be the case. Not sure if travel time is also backwards.

*just finished the main quest* excited for more campaigns. Except for not being able to take my party with me. (You get kind of attached, right??) Maybe for a gold fee, Devs? Eh?
11-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah. I'm attached to my party too. It's funny, they don't really say anything specific that any other character/class wouldn't say at that moment, but you still end up thinking of them in a certain way. Another thing that reminds me of old school RPGs.

Talking of which, this put me in the mood for some classic style WRPGs which led me to discover The Quest on iOS. I really recommend it if you're a fan of games like Lands of Lore, Might and Magic, and all those other first-person WPGs of old.
11-04-2012, 01:33 AM
I really like the game! But the music is horrible!
Please give the opportunity to listen to my own music.

And of course, I want more characters. More classes. More quests! MORE!!!
11-04-2012, 08:02 AM
It's cool. Initially it's a bit tricky to work out what to press to "advance" and what goal to set, I'd mention to the devs. But once you get going it's got a load of atmosphere.

Personally I wish I could "character generate" at the beginning with a blank slate. The default options, don't reflect DnD as well.

But game is going well so far.