★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 307
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Ill get to the requests ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaK-R View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a question for you. Do you put costumes on your pilots, and if so, on which planes and what costumes do you prefer?
I put the Airline Pilot costume on my pilots who fly P and M planes. The Jet Pilot/Helmet for my military craft. And the Red Baron for my Hot Air Balloon because its sn open craft, and where it flies, its cold.
11-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
External affairs report

Good evening. This is the external affairs report on the TouchArcade1 broadcasting station.

Here's the global leaderboard:
#1 45,672 jobs TA0 (> 1445 members.)
#2 8096 jobs TA1 (47 members)
#3 7139 jobs Nimblewiki
#4 4578 jobs Jayisgames

(Note: I use my iphone PP to send 1 job to Tiki to so that i'm the last on the leaderboard. For TA0, I sent one job and ended at #1440. But #1445 is still 1 job so ....)

TA0 #1 750jobs, #10 290 jobs, accumulated top 10 5004 jobs
TA1 #1 1096 jobs, #10 281 jobs, accumulated top 10 4598 jobs
Nimblewiki #1 589 jobs, #10 110jobs, accumulated top 10 2193 jobs
Jayisgames #1 420jobs, #10 80jobs, accumulated top10 1528 jobs
Very interesting thks for taking the time to do this!
Train2000 posted his research on the other teams a while back (during Zanzibar event I think)
He had sthg like 7/8 team names (IGN is not that big for instance)

And yes, Nokitano has been a beast on this one, he had twice my jobs this morning o_O
and I had 200 jobs more than the wolf pack battling for 3rd place!


Edit : Nobody here? Are y'all voting or what?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	49204  

Last edited by vicsark; 11-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.

11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
Edit : Nobody here? Are y'all voting or what?
Nah, my state has early voting so I took care of that already. Unfortunately I got stuck in traffic behind all the people heading home early to vote.

No last-minute push this time. I have to spend my morning prepping for a long afternoon phone conference that starts right when the event ends. But at least my thumb is mostly functional again, yay.

I've thought about costuming some pilots but I'm too frugal to spend the bux.

GC: coastcat
11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcat View Post
Nah, my state has early voting so I took care of that already. Unfortunately I got stuck in traffic behind all the people heading home early to vote.

No last-minute push this time. I have to spend my morning prepping for a long afternoon phone conference that starts right when the event ends. But at least my thumb is mostly functional again, yay.

I've thought about costuming some pilots but I'm too frugal to spend the bux.
One word : Stormtroopers

I'd like to watch the election result live (It's 1 A.M. here)
I did that in 2008 but I didn't have a kid to feed at dawn then

Last edited by vicsark; 11-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlePage View Post
External affairs report
Thank you so much for the detailed report!
Looks like we're doing very well for the number of people in our crew.


Here's a leaderboard update:

1. 59,392 (TA0)
2. 11,004 (TA1)
..... er, I dunno why I started listing this one when everybody can see it.
Tired today. LOL


Ok, the other leaderboard....

1. 1,455 (nokitano)
2. 937 (vic sark)
3. 688 (faye)
4. 550 (baconfats)
5. 525 (train)
6. 514 (relharn)
7. 512 (roboroboto)
8. 401 (ina)
9. 386 (north)
10. 375 (teodor)



Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post
Edit : Nobody here? Are y'all voting or what?
I voted! No lines, avoided the lunch rush and after work crowd.
I had an absentee ballot, but didn't get my shishkabob together to mail it in on time ... was still trying to figure out the props this morning. Now I can go back to playing PP & MW.
11-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
Thank you so much for the detailed report!
Looks like we're doing very well for the number of people in our crew.


Here's a leaderboard update:

1. 59,392 (TA0)
2. 11,004 (TA1)
..... er, I dunno why I started listing this one when everybody can see it.
Tired today. LOL


Ok, the other leaderboard....

1. 1,455 (nokitano)
2. 937 (vic sark)
3. 688 (faye)
4. 550 (baconfats)
5. 525 (train)
6. 514 (relharn)
7. 512 (roboroboto)
8. 401 (ina)
9. 386 (north)
10. 375 (teodor)





I voted! No lines, avoided the lunch rush and after work crowd.
I had an absentee ballot, but didn't get my shishkabob together to mail it in on time ... was still trying to figure out the props this morning. Now I can go back to playing PP & MW.
I heard that if you ask for an absentee ballot but don't mail one in and go to the polls to vote instead, that you vote isn't even counted until next week. It's called a provisional vote or something.

I'm currently addicted to a free game called D.O.T. Defender of Texel. My ingame id is Bluebearr ( yea two r's, some hobo beat me to my own name). I would appreciate if you use my invite id: LYdg (caps-sensitive).
11-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear88 View Post
I heard that if you ask for an absentee ballot but don't mail one in and go to the polls to vote instead, that you vote isn't even counted until next week. It's called a provisional vote or something.
Something like that. I think that if you request an absentee ballot, the system will assume you are voting via that ballot and thus your vote will not be tallied until their deadline for receiving the ballots via mail. According to my county's election site, that deadline is 10 days after Election Day.

Inching my way back up the Leaderboard, but you TA1'ers are not making it easy!

GC: coastcat
11-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsark View Post

I'd like to watch the election result live (It's 1 A.M. here)
I did that in 2008 but I didn't have a kid to feed at dawn then
A feeding at dawn? Is that when you send all your planes to get a jump on the rest of us?
Actually, I do most of my Pocket Planes gaming while feeding my 6-month old. How old is your baby?


Quote:
Originally Posted by coastcat View Post
Inching my way back up the Leaderboard, but you TA1'ers are not making it easy!
Nooo! Don't bump me off the leaderboard!

GC: thisisina
Pocket Trains gift code: 1LPB
Looking for Express cars & Carbon Steamers
11-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisina View Post
A feeding at dawn? Is that when you send all your planes to get a jump on the rest of us?
Actually, I do most of my Pocket Planes gaming while feeding my 6-month old. How old is your baby?
She's almost 2 yrs old, and thus, playing a few minutes of PP here and there is more convenient than finishing Mass effect 3 on Xbox

Looks like NYT's 538 blog had it figured out, election's called, nothing changes (G.O.P house, Dems senate and Obama second term)...
And big Florida mess as usual! 6 bln$ campaign is over...

Last edited by vicsark; 11-06-2012 at 11:56 PM.
11-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Hey guys,

Need some management advice,

I'm currently lvl 20, 14 planes (some mohaws, pearjets and a fogbuster) and 40 open airports.

There's probably too many airports?

If I close some of them, will I then have as many jobs but with more people/cargo to the same destination?