Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I concur, merge all iOS games into one forum
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm glad its split the way it is at the moment. I have an ipad but i'm not keen on ipad only games so i tend to stay with the iphone/ipod touch games section.

I wouldnt want them merged, works well as it is
Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'm glad its split the way it is at the moment. I have an ipad but i'm not keen on ipad only games so i tend to stay with the iphone/ipod touch games section.

What about my proposal? Universal apps in the main forum, and iPhone and iPad only in their own respective subforums? You wouldn't see iPad only (or iPhone one which I can't imagine any iPad owner being interested in ).
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think merging the two is a good idea. Maybe there'd be a way to designate the device limitations by labelling games with an icon. With devices like iPad Mini and longer iPod/iPhone 5 it further blurs the line between hardware.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

You know, after a lot of thought, I think it's fine the way it is. We have a main forum for iPhone and Universal games, and a separate one for the iPad. I don't really see a reason to combine the two, since it would lead to a whole lot of confusion over iPad-only games. I KNOW there will be many posts saying "iPad only? Awwww" on most of the iPad threads.

As it is, games that have separate HD/SD versions, the SD is mentioned in the first post, with the HD version linked right next to it. (or that's the convention I try to follow). This way the discussion still stays in the one thread.

As for the Upcoming, that's a bit of a mess at the moment with some developers posting games in both forums. If anything, I would fully support a merger of the Upcoming iPad and iPhone forums, but leaving the iPhone and iPad Games as they are is the better solution, imo.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
You know, after a lot of thought, I think it's fine the way it is. We have a main forum for iPhone and Universal games, and a separate one for the iPad. I don't really see a reason to combine the two, since it would lead to a whole lot of confusion over iPad-only games. I KNOW there will be many posts saying "iPad only? Awwww" on most of the iPad threads.
That's why iPad only games wouldn't go there. They'd go in an iPad only subforum. The current system is broken and confusing. There is an iPad games forum, but over 90% of game's that run natively on iPad are in a forum called iPhone and iPod touch games. People are always misposting for this reason, creating multiple threads for universal games, etc.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

it's not a bad idea given the number of universal games.

there may be a system that will help, like thread prefixes

arn
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
it's not a bad idea given the number of universal games.

there may be a system that will help, like thread prefixes

arn
Or, if it's possible, you could duplicate the universal games in both spots, and leave the iPad/iPhone games where they are.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Great stuff renaming the Game Developer forums (even better than what I suggested as of course it also includes Mac App Store devs)

Have to say though that "iPad and iPad mini Games" is a bit superfluous as an iPad mini is just an iPad so it should just be "iPad Games". Mainly because we don't call the other one "iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S and... Games"!

I would really like the main forum title to include the word "Universal" though as this was the sole reason for starting this thread - the main point was many iPad owners who aren't fully familiar with TA won't ever look in the iPhone/iPod forum and so will miss out on loads of Universal app thread goodness. (OR of course, better still, the forums could just both be merged... )
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post

Well, I've downloaded ipad apps that have later been converted to be Universal.

So I do like seeing what is new on the iPad.