★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gof2 and money making...

11-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Gof2 and money making...

I'm new to the game and so far I've found that mining void crystals to be the best way of earning cash.... But it's going to take a long long time to get a few mill... Any better way of making cash?
11-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I started off by mining..then somehow veered off the story and just explored randomly. I tried fully exploring one system at a time and kept doing jobs within a system. Pick missions you're comfortable with and pick the right ship and weapon that fits your style. I tend to like fast maneuverable ships. I like long range, slow firing sniper weapons for my playing style. Also, eventually when you have enough money, it's not a bad idea to hire mercenaries for missions you have trouble with. I finally was able to beat this one difficult planet with the help of 3 wingmen.

I finally beat the game 1-2 days ago after ~15 hours. Most of those hours were just messing around...but I ended up with the most expensive ship I found so far. I think at one point I had 3-4 million saved up.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Thank you. Very immersive game so far very well done. Thank you for your time and well thought out reply. I'm guessing the add on packs r worth it?
11-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain1dog View Post
Thank you. Very immersive game so far very well done. Thank you for your time and well thought out reply. I'm guessing the add on packs r worth it?
Oops..shoulda clarified I beat only the main story. Probably gonna take a break and work on my other backlog of games before starting the Valkarie expansion.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?