★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Free app providers discussion and updates

11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't use these services ever really, but I though I would try a couple of them on a few devices yesterday. All of them worked fine except for appcasher. For some reason, appcasher seemed to maintain the same points on all of my devices. They have all been set up separately, so i can only assume appcasher is tied to my Apple ID since it is the only thing the devices share I think. Can anyone confirm this?

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
11-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
I don't use these services ever really, but I though I would try a couple of them on a few devices yesterday. All of them worked fine except for appcasher. For some reason, appcasher seemed to maintain the same points on all of my devices. They have all been set up separately, so i can only assume appcasher is tied to my Apple ID since it is the only thing the devices share I think. Can anyone confirm this?
It does it to me as well

11-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Wipeout worth getting for 18000 or 19000 points?
How long does it take to het that many points? On FAD it's 1990 points, IIFC.

Man is it easy since I started using the tapjoy webapp to get points for FAD. Only DL'ing apps, no signing up for credit cards of course. There's a whole list of apps on tapjoy w/point values listed. None of the other service use tapjoy, huh?
11-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
It does it to me as well
Well, sounds like maybe I should try out appcasher on my 3gs then.
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
How long does it take to het that many points? On FAD it's 1990 points, IIFC.

Man is it easy since I started using the tapjoy webapp to get points for FAD. Only DL'ing apps, no signing up for credit cards of course. There's a whole list of apps on tapjoy w/point values listed. None of the other service use tapjoy, huh?
Depends on luck with slots. I tried FAD but half the apps I had already
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
How long does it take to get 19990 on fad?
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
When did you try? They've been changing/adding every week, or twice a week now. Walking Dead was added 2 days ago, replacing the second newish Attorney Game( I forgot the title), which replaced the second Sky Gamblers game. True Skate was recently added; He-Man as well. I grabbed Megaman X for 990 points about a week ago...there seems to be about 8 apps (angry birds games, pandemic 2.5, Minecraft, Whatsomething messenger) always there, another 6 or so that stay up for maybe a month, 2 that get changed weekly, and one a week that gets added for a limited time. I have enough points for The Walking Dead, Order and Chaos Online, Minecraft, Lili, etc. among the 5+dollar apps I haven't already gotten.

I'm trying to decide between The first three. I really want Walking Dead but it's a huge file and I'll need to buy more episodes. Minecraft I've never played and have a feeling I won't understand. O&C seems like a good bet, but, since monthly charges have been dropped, I'm worried its life cycle might be ending soon. Plus I'de plop into a multiplayer game that some people have been playing for 100's of hours.

I can easily hit 10000 points, so I might just wait for a 10 buck Amazon card to become available.

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-04-2012 at 06:15 PM.
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
When did you try? They've been changing/adding every week, or twice a week now. Walking Dead was added 2 days ago, replacing the second the newish Attorney Game, which replaced the second Sky Gamblers game. True Skate was recently added; He-Man as well. I grabbed Megaman X for 990 points about a week ago...there seems to be about 8 apps (angry birds games, pandemic 2.5, Minecraft, Whatsomething messenger) always there, another 6 or so that stay up for maybe a month, 2 that get changed weekly, and one a week that gets added for a limited time. I have enough points for The Walking Dead, Order and Chaos Online, Minecraft, Lili, etc. among the 5+dollar apps I haven't already gotten.

I'm trying to decide between The first three. I really want Walking Dead but it's a huge file and I'll need to buy more episodes. Minecraft I've never played and have a feeling I won't understand. O&C seems like a good bet, but, since monthly charges have been dropped, I'm worried its life cycle might be ending soon. Plus I'de plop into a multiplayer game that some people have been playing for 100's of hours.

I can easily hit 10000 points, so I might just wait for a 10 buck Amazon card to become available.
I got walking dead its great and order and chaos I deleted I couldn't get into it at all and I played WOW.
11-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Is true skate coming back and also is knights of pen and paper going to be added to slots?
11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
How long does it take to get 19990 on fad?
Why? That would be about 20 bucks on FAD. I can't say how long it takes to earn points really; I end up spending points every week. This week for He-Man, Devil's Attorney, and Megaman X. Last week Burrito Bison. Week before that, Super Hexxagon and Tentacles (by microsoft).

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-04-2012 at 06:40 PM.