Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Cool, only a little depressed by the ol' diminishing returns here.

We just recently got 5 decks for $4.99, now, if grabbing all 3 sets, it will be 6 for $8.97?
It is getting more and more expensive, but still, being a competitive paper magic player in the late 90's, I just can't seem to stop playing the digital version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
I wish there was an option to increase the size of cards in your hand. I can't even read the titles of cards when playing on my iPad mini. I don't expect to be able to read the descriptive text. But a readable title would be very convenient. Too much double tapping as it is.

Do the devs read this thread? Where is the best place to submit a request?
Try the official DotP forum. There's a representative here in the forum, but he has been quite inactive lately. He is still very active on the official wizards dotp forum though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastspinecho View Post
Not quite. Your Elo score almost always goes up when you win a game, even if your opponent has a lower Elo score. But it goes up more slowly than winning against a higher ranked opponent.

When you lose a game, your Elo score goes down by the same amount that your opponent's score goes up. So you are basically "betting" some of your Elo points with your opponent, using odds that depend on your relative scores.
Thanks for the clarification, very much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Is unlocking cards tied to your account or your iPad? If I upgrade iPad will I have to start all over again?
As far as I know, if you restore from backup via PC/MAC, you will be able to save all unlocked cards. And if you use the same Game Center account, you should be able to continue on your progress.

I had trouble with my iPad3 (not backing up) and so what I did was I use iExplorer to back up the Magic 2013 folder. I restored my iPad, installed Magic 2013, restore purchases, entered my GC account, then copied the save file from iExplorer and I was able to resume progress and all cards and even promo cards are all unlocked.

EDIT: Here's the link to Magic 2013 deck planner with the two new DLC. I do believe promo unlock is not yet included. http://happypluto.com/~misterp/wiz/planner/

Last edited by tabs; 11-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: EDIT: Added link to deck planer
Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
As far as I know, if you restore from backup via PC/MAC, you will be able to save all unlocked cards. And if you use the same Game Center account, you should be able to continue on your progress.

I had trouble with my iPad3 (not backing up) and so what I did was I use iExplorer to back up the Magic 2013 folder. I restored my iPad, installed Magic 2013, restore purchases, entered my GC account, then copied the save file from iExplorer and I was able to resume progress and all cards and even promo cards are all unlocked.
Sounds promising! Any chance you could explain this in a more newb friendly step by step way? What's iExplorer for instance?

Cheers
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Iexplorer is a free PC/MAC app that allows you to 'explore' the iPhone/iPad contents sort of like windows explorer. Inside, you will see the apps installed, and when you expand it, there's a documents folder where you can copy the 'profiles' or saves games for backup.

There are tons of guides out there that teaches you to use iExplorer in-depth. While it did work for me, please use it at your own risk. I was able to save quite a few games with this app already but do note it doesn't work for all apps. LINK to iExplore - http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

By the way, I would still suggest that you backup your iPad, and restore that back up on to your new iPad. I'm much more confident with this method and it's more user friendly. Again, follow it at your own risk.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Iexplorer is a free PC/MAC app that allows you to 'explore' the iPhone/iPad contents sort of like windows explorer. Inside, you will see the apps installed, and when you expand it, there's a documents folder where you can copy the 'profiles' or saves games for backup.

There are tons of guides out there that teaches you to use iExplorer in-depth. While it did work for me, please use it at your own risk. I was able to save quite a few games with this app already but do note it doesn't work for all apps. LINK to iExplore - http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

By the way, I would still suggest that you backup your iPad, and restore that back up on to your new iPad. I'm much more confident with this method and it's more user friendly. Again, follow it at your own risk.
Do your iPads have to have the same name to be able to restore one with the other?

cheers
Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Rather than create a new thread I thought I'd just ask this here. Does anyone know if there has been any further mention of a iPhone version of this? Was just wondering as it is playable on the iPad mini so surely the new 5 handset would be able to run this like a dream, or is it another issue I am missing?

Thanks and sorry for being slightly lazy.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Do your iPads have to have the same name to be able to restore one with the other?

cheers
I don't think names matter. When I replaced my iPad 2 with an iPad3, all I did was to backup my iPad2 then restore from iPad2 backup with the iPad 3 and everything was working fine (talking about game saves/app data). Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadedodger View Post
Rather than create a new thread I thought I'd just ask this here. Does anyone know if there has been any further mention of a iPhone version of this? Was just wondering as it is playable on the iPad mini so surely the new 5 handset would be able to run this like a dream, or is it another issue I am missing?

Thanks and sorry for being slightly lazy.
I think it is how the game was designed. Even with the iPhone 5 screen, the battlefield alone is going to be taking up so much space that you probably wont see the art even. What more your hand, library, graveyard, etc. Unlike Ascension in which it is playable due to its simplicity (game design). No word whatsoever on the iPhone version though, so far.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

That's true. The battlefield would take up too much space, that playing cards would be a nightmare. Even when playing on the iPad, there are some difficulties with the field, and I wouldn't even want to think of how that'd look on an iPhone.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So when do we get the new decks and will they also start off with promo cards from those previous promo unlocks?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

New decks are out!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Deck pack is out. Please do note, THERE ARE NO PROMO CARDS.