Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Ok , I read more of the thread and read that this game " isn't just another line drawing game" etc and that there are other mechanics involved etc...

I would like to know what these other mechanics are? The shorter the line the better is pretty cool i guess. Probly not quite as challenging as havin to draw one that lands u in the middle. But I haven't played it so I dunoo...
Just to give a quick shout about Twang and where it sits with the other vert climbers...

Games like Escape the Ape, Rocket Jump etc. are very much about the whole endless 'height scoring' mechanic. Great games to be sure, but we've tried something slightly different.

Basically, Twang is a platformer. A vertical one that is, but it's all about precision manoeuvring around the landscape/obstacles and collecting the pickups in a satisfying, controlled manner. Endless climbers are generally hectic affairs, whereas Twang is a slower paced, more skill-based kinda vibe.

I'm quite happy to hit you up with a full list of all the bonkers gear that you will encounter throughout the game if you like. I'll SPOILER protect it though just in case you or anyone else would rather not see

Twang the Fox feature list:

•••Spoiler:  
- Story driven, (60) level based narrative.
- Precision bouncing means every shot is down to you. Never feels 'accidental'
- Control power of bounce with 2 distinct levels 'power' & 'regular'
- Fox Focus This is actually our USP I guess! As you hold and draw you enter a 'bullet time' matrix mode. Lets you really control the pace of play and place your shots exactly where you want them.
- Bumpers. Pinball style to rattle your chains a bit!
- Mines. You can probably guess what these are going to do
- 'The flood!' Levels start to fill with water meaning you've got to keep moving
- Jump into canons for super-powered jumps & smash destructible scenery
- 'Impulse Gates' shoot Twang on mini rollercoaster rides around levels
- 'Foxapults' Yeah, cheap wordplay! Pull back and let him go. You know the score already!
- 'Gravity Fans' grab Twang and float him along. Bit like those things in Portal
- 'Hinder-Burgs' Explosive blimps that hunt you down
- 'Super Twang' Put on the helmet of invincibility and get your own back on those mines & baddies
- Zero G! Once you pass the banner, no more gravity. Literally turns the game on its head!
- 'Bouncy mushroom squiddy things'?! Weird plants that repel you in a funky organic manner
- 'Tik Toks' Basically mobile mines that zip about on preset flight paths

Phew! Never tried to recount the list off the top of my head before! And you know what - I'm pretty sure I forgot a couple in there!

Seriously, Twang clearly sits in a crowded space on the App Store but I can assure you, once you take a crack you'll see how very different (unique even!) it actually is!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:25 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by conixjohn View Post
Seriously, Twang clearly sits in a crowded space on the App Store but I can assure you, once you take a crack you'll see how very different (unique even!) it actually is!
That's really one of the key reasons why PikPok picked up the title for publishing. Its broadly in the vertical climber "genre" which provides some familiarity but it differentiates itself through both quality and innovation in gameplay.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Took a little longer than Conix or ourselves would have hoped but an update has been submitted. While it primarily resolves some raised issues, it also adds support for the iPhone 5 resolution!

Fingers crossed for a fast review process.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Its a good game, got a really nice feel to it. Well done
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Heads up on an icon change coming in this next update (always a controversial move it seems)

We think it looks less busy and will pop more on the device.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

And that new icon is out now! The updatedTwang fixes a few bugs / crashes and adds full iPhone 5 resolution support!

Twang looks real nice with the extra room!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:14 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Hey guys, sorry I'm a little late to this party. First of all I want say thank you for the really nice game. Unfortunately I'm having a couple of problems on my iPod Touch 4th. After the initial couple of crashes, I did a hard reset, then the game seemed to be running fine. I perfected the first level, checked GC, then the game crashed again. When I started the app again my progress was lost, and it started from the opening scene, then 1-1. I completed a few world 1 levels, closed the app, reopened it - same thing. Opening scene, starts at 1-1. I'm using iPod Touch 4th, on 5.0.1.

Thanks again, what I've played so far is really nice, but this losing my progress thing is preventing me from playing further.

Edit: So in Settings I turned 'Documents and Data' to off, and so far that seems to have addressed the issue of me losing my progress. Thanks.

Last edited by Andy C83; 10-28-2012 at 04:42 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Perfected all levels. The art in this game is very pretty, and the design of the levels are fun. Happy to leave a 5 star review on iTunes, and if anyone comes here wondering whether the game is 'worth getting', my answer is absolutely yes.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey guys, we have papercraft models available of Twang and Boscoe from Twang the Fox.

The PDF files for each are available from here:

Twang the Fox
Boscoe

Enjoy
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Enjoy the free version! Foxy Fun For Fully Free!