Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

game could be great but I've got some problems with the controls, they just don't feel right to me.. like awp69 said, it's floaty and frustrating. Changing the size of the joystick won't change the fact that it's still floaty.. at least for me. Apart from this it's a really nice game

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 11-02-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
The game looks great but the framerate isn't really that great on my ipad 3.
Thanks for the warning.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
game could be great but I've got some problems with the controls, they just don't feel right to me.. like awp69 said, it's floaty and frustrating. Changing the size of the joystick won't change the fact that it's still floaty.. at least for me. Except that, it's a really nice game
Controls are floaty, but it is still playable. It's just frustrating when you are trying to maneuver on smaller platforms or on cliffs when trying to get lost pizza, coz chances are, you fell off the cliff at least once.

For what it's worth, it's still a great game, but it has it's lackluster moments.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Controls are floaty, but it is still playable. It's just frustrating when you are trying to maneuver on smaller platforms or on cliffs when trying to get lost pizza, coz chances are, you fell off the cliff at least once.

For what it's worth, it's still a great game, but it has it's lackluster moments.
It's playable. But, yeah, I fell off the edges more than once to the point where it was too frustrating (particularly on those smaller platforms) so I stopped playing. Hope the controls can be tweaked a bit. Think it could be a really good game.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I found annoying bug. The game doesn't save correctly layout customization for controls. Every time I find controls placed differently, with another size and opacity. I don't know if it happen after cloud sync nut it's not first time.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
It's playable. But, yeah, I fell off the edges more than once to the point where it was too frustrating (particularly on those smaller platforms) so I stopped playing. Hope the controls can be tweaked a bit. Think it could be a really good game.
Thanks for your input! What control tweaks would you recommend? Is the virtual joystick the reason its diffucult to control or the spincraft behaviour itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
I found annoying bug. The game doesn't save correctly layout customization for controls. Every time I find controls placed differently, with another size and opacity. I don't know if it happen after cloud sync nut it's not first time.
That should be fixed when the update gets approved by Apple. And yes it has something to do with iCloud.

-hp
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Moustache View Post
Thanks for your input! What control tweaks would you recommend? Is the virtual joystick the reason its diffucult to control or the spincraft behaviour itself?
It's really a combination of both I guess. When you're using the joystick, it's just floaty and your ship reacts slowly so it makes it difficult to be precise when trying to get from one level to another.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

Click on above icons
to discover more about the games!

SPINCRAFT
is a nominee for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
31/10/2012

Do you like to become the fastest pizza delivery boys in the intergalactic pizza business?

VOTE HERE
- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
11-07-2012 at 06:32 PM
Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

There is an update available now! This is the version we were supposed to get out for the release, heh.

Can you guys try out if the added relative joystick makes controlling the ship easier?

Now we start working at making the controls better and even more customizable! Also lots of other updates planned, but let's get the gameplay perfect first

- Heikki
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Got the update and I'm really enjoying this, controls could use some improvement but it's not a deal breaker, I think the inertia is what is making it difficult for some people, but after a while you get used to it. Great level design and graphics. I hope to see more levels for this down the road!