Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Last 15 Promo Codes for v1.0.2

Here are the last 15 promo codes, remember to redeem them asap since the new version (v1.1.1) comes out on Mon/Tue depending on Apple approval. And please do post your thoughts about the game here, we appreciate the feedback and try to work it into future builds of the game!

Codes:
P4P777LX9HXX
XTJ9HHPJH4HE
P73XYH33YT4R
9W69HPJLHEAT
K7P6PHYJJ4F9
T7YRHM4KJNPT
LLLXFFMJYTWP
ETLJEAEHJTME
44KLMN6KHLNL
TMKMH4R63FEN
MHYNWHAX67KR
WHLHWPFMM3MH
E7EXRLJER6WJ
M6LMATF6KYFA
7MRM7JNLWXK7
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Use the codes before they're lost folks! We're expecting the new version to be approved tomorrow, which will void all of these promo codes if not used by then.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Very much interested in this game. The screenshots look really cool. How does it look on an iPad 2? Is it universal?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

After spending some time with this game I can honestly say that this is one of my new favorite iOS games! Kind of reminds me of Fire Emblem games which I absolutely loved. Definitely check this game out
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Hey, many thanks for the promo codes! Didn't think I'd still got one.. I thought all were taken after trying one by one

If this is anything like Langrisser though, this is one to definitely look for. I played Langrisser 2 so many times a long time ago. Hopefully the music in this game is also as good

I'll post the game impressions ASAP after I tried the game
Old 11-05-2012, 08:23 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
Very much interested in this game. The screenshots look really cool. How does it look on an iPad 2? Is it universal?
Hello Kildar!

Unfortunately we started development on Kirin Wars back before the iPad came around, and due to some developer issues we ended up massively delayed. In order to ressurect the project and get it out there, some tough cuts like universal display and a tutorial had to be made. But we figured getting it out there was more important for now, and we could clean those up. We already have a designer paged for reworking the UI to cover all iOS sizes, and hope to have that up and running in the near future!

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it! Be sure to let us know any feedback/thoughts from your playing it, we'd appreciate them since they all feed into our "to-do" lists for the game!

The Kirin Wars Team
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Okay.. I've tried the game using the promo codes (thanks again!), and here's my initial impression:

So far the game does look and feel like Fire Emblem games, or would more closely resemble Langrisser series from 16-bit era. Since you mentioned Langrisser then I'll state my impression by comparing the two (in my case, I'll compare it to Langrisser 2). Well you mentioned that game first, and I'm a big fan of that game, so I had big hopes for this game

This could go both ways, but one of the disadvantages is that it still looked like a 16-bit game. It feels nostalgic for some, but there are some who might feel put off by the graphics. Couldn't hurt to use a little bit more 'polish' there. Now, 'dated' graphics is not the same as 'uninteresting' graphics. Langrisser 2 is an old game, definitely dated, and still looked better than this. This game need better pictures, icons, and palettes. But I'm playing it on an Ipad with 2x zoom, so it may not be justified. Also encountered some artifact like in the soldier's mug shot.

The battle map is large. Is there a minimap feature or maybe a zoom-out view available in the game? I personally feel that the default view is too 'zoomed-in', and I had to scroll through the entire map to find out where the enemies are positioned, and to get a general view of where should I move my troops.

And then there's the battle animations. With the exception of the leaders, the standard units are represented by 3 units when at full strength, whereas in Langrisser they are represented by 10 units. A larger number of units (and better sprites) will make the battle animations feel more.. epic.. You know how fun it is to watch two units duke it out in Langrisser, rite? So the battle animations here could also use a bit more polish. It's a little.. err, dull.. right now

The music is okay, though again it could use a better 'battle theme' tune to fire-up the battles more. One of the thing I loved about this kind of game is when the music can draw you in to the battle. That, and you just might be able to sell the soundtrack if the music is memorable.

I wasn't that deep into the game and so I cannot comment on the story yet.

All in all it's an okay game, and with a little bit more polish here and there, it got the potential to be a killer. As it stands right now, it still doesn't give me the 'Just one more turn' feel yet.. But that's a good thing too. Otherwise I would not be here to write the impression.. I would still be playing the game

Last edited by Savahni; 11-06-2012 at 01:23 AM..
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr Games View Post
Hello Kildar!

Unfortunately we started development on Kirin Wars back before the iPad came around, and due to some developer issues we ended up massively delayed. In order to ressurect the project and get it out there, some tough cuts like universal display and a tutorial had to be made. But we figured getting it out there was more important for now, and we could clean those up. We already have a designer paged for reworking the UI to cover all iOS sizes, and hope to have that up and running in the near future!

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it! Be sure to let us know any feedback/thoughts from your playing it, we'd appreciate them since they all feed into our "to-do" lists for the game!

The Kirin Wars Team
Thanks for the info. Good luck on further developments on the game.

I'll wait until you guys roll out a HD version or universal before I buy the game. I'm a bit particular about how a game looks on the big screen, although I'm really digging the screen shots. The graphical style you adopted in Kirin Wars is the type that appeals to me.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thank you for the notes Savahni! This is exactly the type of feedback we want to see. You're also a bit in luck as a new build addressing some of your feedback comes out today/tomorrow depending on when Apple approves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savahni View Post
The battle map is large. Is there a minimap feature or maybe a zoom-out view available in the game? I personally feel that the default view is too 'zoomed-in', and I had to scroll through the entire map to find out where the enemies are positioned, and to get a general view of where should I move my troops.
This will be addressed in build 1.1.0 that comes out in the coming day or so. We have placed indicators which rotate around the sides of the screen when on the map (pointing the way to enemies/neutrals/friendlies), have put in zoom-in/zoom-out functionality, and have put in a somewhat rough mini-map which can be accessed from the map screen at any time via a top-right button. When the update comes out we will ping you as we'd love to hear if this addresses your feedback.

Quote:
This could go both ways, but one of the disadvantages is that it still looked like a 16-bit game. It feels nostalgic for some, but there are some who might feel put off by the graphics. Couldn't hurt to use a little bit more 'polish' there. Now, 'dated' graphics is not the same as 'uninteresting' graphics. Langrisser 2 is an old game, definitely dated, and still looked better than this. This game need better pictures, icons, and palettes. But I'm playing it on an Ipad with 2x zoom, so it may not be justified. Also encountered some artifact like in the soldier's mug shot.
As for this guy, we may not be changing the artwork for the sprites (far too much work if we go down that road) but we plan to in December most likely release a version with a brand new UI which will work for universal sizing and should really improve the overall look and feel for iPad and iPhone 5 devices.

Quote:
The music is okay, though again it could use a better 'battle theme' tune to fire-up the battles more. One of the thing I loved about this kind of game is when the music can draw you in to the battle. That, and you just might be able to sell the soundtrack if the music is memorable.
The Music isn't on the docket per say currently, although we're always keeping that in our thoughts. Thank you for the feedback on this, will look into it a bit. Would need to be a very quick and catchy little "battle theme" since combat tends to resolve itself fairly quickly.

As for the rest of it, we likely will keep the generational look and feel, although our hearts goes out to you on the 10x+ men on screen from Langrisser. We loved and wanted to do that as well but were told it was a no-go by our developer at the time. Though in retrospect we had to dump them since they rather botched the job, so perhaps we might have been able to do it. An improvement to that may be an Episode 2 thing. We hope you enjoy the storyline as it unfolds, obviously that takes a bit of time to get a feel for. Also you should know that we're going to keep Episode 2-4 in the same App, similar to how you have additional parts to the old Final Fantasy game expansions come out as .99 additions (well more since they're Square Enix) to expand the storyline. So thankfully any improvements we make will backfill into Episode 1 as we make UI and combat changes.

Keep the posts and thoughts coming folks, we appreciate them!

The Kirin Wars Team
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default V1.1.1 is now Live!

Hi all!

We're happy to say that the new version 1.1.1 is now live. This comes with a number of updated items as follows:

New Fixes and Changes:
- New Indicators to show you where enemies are around the map.
- New Zoom in/Zoom out functionality on the map screen.
- New Mini-map available while on the map.
- Numerous Quicksave fixes.
- Numerous fixes to the Quick Battle functionality.
- iOS 6.x stability issues resolved. We will continue looking into any further reports if they come in, currently it is stable.
- Level 6 crash resolved.
- Neutral players switching sides visual/control issues fixed.
- Health of Clockwork Creations now fixed.
- Fixed enemy skill list when they have run out of mana.

Coming Soon:
- New Universal Sized UI
- Further Bug Fixes

Please Note:
- If you find any bugs, let us know at info@zephyr-games.com! We appreciate all of the feedback!

As usual, we always share a bunch of promo codes with Touch Arcade fans when new versions come out. Here are 5 more:
MEK6MFYMHWL3
9WNRNTJRT3YK
YTNXJFYEXFTJ
JPNYKFPNJA7A
AX6KETWX6WTK

Best,

The Kirin Wars Team