Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2015)

View Poll Results: What device to get?
iPod Touch 2 15.38%
iPad 7 53.85%
iPad Mini 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowtechmom View Post
Hi,
I am a low tech person. Am totally not in to games at all, but am thinking of getting some kind of game for my 7yr old for Xmas. He's a brainy, creative kid who's in to Quests and Dragons and Fantasy stories, along with Greek mythology. I'm wondering if there's the perfect game that requires thinking and strategy and is in the theme of some sort of quest. Not too scary. Something where you're on an adventure and have to make decisions about where to go next and what to do next and involves some good thinking skills....Any suggestions?
I Was gonna say Lara croft and TGoL but that's probly too complicated, so maybe Swordigo?

Other ones maybe crimson steam pirates or Nyx Quest..
11-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Crusade Of Destiny for a buck, yes or no?

11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I want to pick up Sacred Odyssee: Rise of Ayden, but a lot of reviewers on iTunes are complaining that there's some bug with the game where a tree is supposed to fall down and doesn't, or the tree makes an invisible wall, or something like that. It's supposed to completely prevent you from getting further in the game.

Does anyone know if that's really true? And since the The "lite" version (where you can unlock the full game) looks like it's been updated, does it fix this bug?
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Crusade Of Destiny for a buck, yes or no?
Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet_Mcgee View Post
I want to pick up Sacred Odyssee: Rise of Ayden, but a lot of reviewers on iTunes are complaining that there's some bug with the game where a tree is supposed to fall down and doesn't, or the tree makes an invisible wall, or something like that. It's supposed to completely prevent you from getting further in the game.

Does anyone know if that's really true? And since the The "lite" version (where you can unlock the full game) looks like it's been updated, does it fix this bug?
No, it's not true. Some people just aren't good at figuring stuff out. It's actually kind of a boss fight.

Twitter: @back2this
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Tentacles : Enter the Dolphin, yes or no? Can someone that has it on an Iphone 3G tell me if it is smooth on this device?
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _syd View Post
Tentacles : Enter the Dolphin, yes or no? Can someone that has it on an Iphone 3G tell me if it is smooth on this device?
Same question but I'm on iPod 4
11-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _syd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Same question but I'm on iPod 4
It ran fine when I had my ipod touch 4. The game is fun, challenging..but got pretty repetitive for me eventually. Still, for 0.99..I had my fun with it.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Question

Hey guys, are there any major differences between the standalone version of Fix-it-Felix and the version included in the Wreck-it Ralph?

Like Kirby and Castlevania? Try Bliblob:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blibb...447580464?mt=8

Looking For a Serious Gaming Forum Minus The Drama? Then Join GamingOutsiders.com
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Thank you to bramblett05

Last edited by DannyTheElite; 11-06-2012 at 03:50 PM.
11-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Just got an iPhone 5. Suggestions on what I should pop into this bad boy? This sounds weird.