★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
I've raced a few times since getting the Kairos just for the XP (I'm still on level 39) and I've noticed I never see gems on the wheel anymore. Is this the same for everyone? Also, the amount of XP on the wheel is pretty low too. Not worth the trouble at all. I'll eventually get there from the Coloseum I guess.
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtail2010 View Post
Same here. Thankful to have one at least.
Is Singing Monsters a web based game too? We used to be ae to zoom way out and see it all but that went away in an early update. I don't know how this sort of game works in terms of running and storing all our data, will we max it out eventually?
I also miss the zoom-out feature in DragonVale. It was fun seeing all the islands together on-screen, but I guess it was memory intensive so they took it off. I wish BackFlip brings it back as an option though.

11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I've raced a few times since getting the Kairos just for the XP (I'm still on level 39) and I've noticed I never see gems on the wheel anymore. Is this the same for everyone? Also, the amount of XP on the wheel is pretty low too. Not worth the trouble at all. I'll eventually get there from the Coloseum I guess.
Same here, went from level 35 to 40 from the xp while trying to get Kairos. Also won tons of gems which can be used to purchase a missing or last fragment. I read somewhere you can gain lots of xp's by purchasing a volcano and then reselling it at half the price. You lose 5,000,000 each transaction, but it speeds up your leveling. If you have lots of cash, then go for it.
11-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ebbnflow~ View Post
I read somewhere you can gain lots of xp's by purchasing a volcano and then reselling it at half the price. You lose 5,000,000 each transaction, but it speeds up your leveling. If you have lots of cash, then go for it.
You can also buy $5 million of food in a large farm. It takes an hour to grow and you get 2.5 million XP (same as volcano.). Takes longer than just buying and selling volcanoes but you end up with all the food.
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Pacific northwest
Posts: 377
I am so glad they have a gem dragon with short fails this month. It was nice getting 2 so readily.

Last edited by Deeneez; 11-05-2012 at 12:38 PM.
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,173
A good day today! I got Topaz 2 and 3 breeding! Now tomorrow I can gat back to the fun of trying to get a gold Olympus

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I just got the Topaz! I got it in the EBC with a level 15 Firefly and a level 6 Cactus. I know that the levels don't matter, but I found its disparity kind of funny.
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
A good day today! I got Topaz 2 and 3 breeding! Now tomorrow I can gat back to the fun of trying to get a gold Olympus
Still working on number two here.
11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Still working on number two here.
You'll get it. Projecting all my positive energy into your dragon love nests now! Ha

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlredbird View Post
You'll get it. Projecting all my positive energy into your dragon love nests now! Ha
Ha ha. Thanks. I'm working on a Gold Olympus as well (my second.) Seems like a hopeless cause. That is a tough dragon to breed. My display Malachite egg is giving me hell too, been trying for awhile for it.