Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Default Infinity Warrior Committee

Out of curiosity, have the Infinity Warrior devs thought about having a committee between the devs and the customers (that is, us)? This would be in addition to the forum here. As a business owner of a tutoring business, I have meetings with my customers regularly.

You could schedule the call once a month for an hour per meeting. This way, you get feedback from your customers as well as improve and foster customer relations.

Just a thought,
Frisbee10461
Old 11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
Quick question though: will you prefer to buy dragons directly, meaning they are all available from start to purchase, or first, find an egg within the levels to unlock them?
The dragon addition is awesome! As for your question, i prefer looking for the egg first. Also, how about giving out regular eggs, but with random dragons inside them, in which, if you already have the dragon, will automatically be sold and converted to some coins.

And as for spawn rate of dragon eggs, I suggest making it easier the farther you get, like for example... When you reach 500m, each wave will always have a spawn rate for ONE EGG of 10%. From 750m, a spawn rate of about 15%, and from 1000m a spawn rate of 20%. Then the next would be a 30% spawn rate for each wave from 2000m and up. Or something like that. I think 5% intervals may work well since the chances stack up a bit for each wave that you go through within those distances.

My $0.02.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbee10461 View Post
Out of curiosity, have the Infinity Warrior devs thought about having a committee between the devs and the customers (that is, us)? This would be in addition to the forum here. As a business owner of a tutoring business, I have meetings with my customers regularly.

You could schedule the call once a month for an hour per meeting. This way, you get feedback from your customers as well as improve and foster customer relations.

Just a thought,
Frisbee10461
If ever this happen, i'd like to be a part of it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:40 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I want to beat that dragon into submission. :P

Make it a boss fight and upon beating them, they give you a headstart boost.

Or instead, a randomly placed cave entrance, like a treasure chest, where upon tapping and entering the cave you fight him and he rewards you by flying over you and giving you a get a running boost. If you dont beat him, well you die. The dragons Classes (in this case boost powers) can be upgraded with coin, thus encountering more powerful dragons as you march along.

I know that doesn't answer your question but I just can't help imagining stuff when you guys display such amazing designs. xD
Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbee10461 View Post

Just a thought,
Frisbee10461
We had testing sessions/focus group testing before release, but engaging with customers in a more formal way (aside from TA users valuable feedback) could be feasible.
Getting this game as good as it can be is certainly my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The dragon addition is awesome! As for your question, i prefer looking for the egg first. Also, how about giving out regular eggs, but with random dragons inside them, in which, if you already have the dragon, will automatically be sold and converted to some coins.

And as for spawn rate of dragon eggs, I suggest making it easier the farther you get, like for example... When you reach 500m, each wave will always have a spawn rate for ONE EGG of 10%. From 750m, a spawn rate of about 15%, and from 1000m a spawn rate of 20%. Then the next would be a 30% spawn rate for each wave from 2000m and up. Or something like that. I think 5% intervals may work well since the chances stack up a bit for each wave that you go through within those distances.

My $0.02.
Glad you like the idea

If we're using eggs, for the spawn rate,, I was planning to have it tuned per level, rather than distance. Similar to the gold/chest/etc, some levels have better loot than others. But distance should be doable.

You're the one on GC with the 590 distance? Only 3 players are above 500 in GC, without counting finalark...
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post

Or instead, a randomly placed cave entrance, like a treasure chest, where upon tapping and entering the cave you fight him and he rewards you by flying over you and giving you a get a running boost. If you dont beat him, well you die. The dragons Classes (in this case boost powers) can be upgraded with coin, thus encountering more powerful dragons as you march along.
I love the idea of a cave... I was actually trying to add something similar to the new level, but gave up on the idea, as it was just for visual.

Fighting the dragon could become a "special" mechanic, something similar to what I had in mind for improving the Arrow Storm mechanic.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Or you purchase/tame a dragon(whichever way you want to go) and upgrade him with the blood of your enemies. (1000,2000,3000 kills is a tier, higher tiers demand more sacrifices!). And you can use him every couple of hours. He has a rest period. Another idea on the "dragon pet" concept.

Or it could be an upgradable boost. Like the head start boost. But that would be just a variation of the head start boost we see in a lot of endless runners.

Making it more strategic could be more alluring. Kind of like an ace under our sleeve which we can activate/summon at key points during a run.

I know I would play as long as it takes to upgrade my dragon to kickass levels.

Last edited by Eoghann; 11-09-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I definitely like the idea of a dragon pet - start players with a standard dragon and ask them to find food/blood to give to the dragon which would in turn evolve it in different ways. As suggested, killing enemies could give you blood while food could be randomly spawned in the background of missions (tap to pick up). Depending on what you choose to "feed" your dragon, he would evolve in different ways. You could also allow the player to buy special food types in the shop with gems.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Or you purchase/tame a dragon(whichever way you want to go) and upgrade him with the blood of your enemies. (1000,2000,3000 kills is a tier, higher tiers demand more sacrifices!). And you can use him every couple of hours. He has a rest period. Another idea on the "dragon pet" concept.

Or it could be an upgradable boost. Like the head start boost. But that would be just a variation of the head start boost we see in a lot of endless runners.

Making it more strategic could be more alluring. Kind of like an ace under our sleeve which we can activate/summon at key points during a run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
I definitely like the idea of a dragon pet - start players with a standard dragon and ask them to find food/blood to give to the dragon which would in turn evolve it in different ways. As suggested, killing enemies could give you blood while food could be randomly spawned in the background of missions (tap to pick up). Depending on what you choose to "feed" your dragon, he would evolve in different ways. You could also allow the player to buy special food types in the shop with gems.
Love the ideas

This is going to keep the programmer quite busy...
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I know it's easy to stand at the sidelines and say "you should do this, or add that". I appreciate just the fact that you take ideas and suggestions under consideration. And I really admire the hard work and dedication you guys put in your game.