★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rabbx Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 40.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: TNNS (pronounced Tennis) is a game about bouncing and bending balls. Its a game about keeping your eyes on balls.

Sometimes there are a lot of balls. Too bad you only have two eyes.

Your psychic paddle zips to your finger. Wiggle to bend ball paths once (or twice) to make tricky shots in two hot modes.

TNNS For One: Its you and a never-ending sequence of progressively trickier levels. Collect star coins; smash star boxes to proceed. Survive as long as you can. Spend money to buy power-ups to boost your scores. Brag to your friends on Facebook or Game Center.

TNNS For Two: If you play TNNS with a friend, they might become your best friend . . . or your worst enemy. Bring the skills youve sharpened in single-player to a multi-ball challenge. Bend and swerve. Stage crazy fake-outs. Sink epic shots. Scream when you win; scream when you lose.

We plan to submit TNNS to the Pulitzer Prize committee. (*As of this writing, the Pulitzer Prize committee does not have a category for games. We expect them to make one.)

We also plan to submit TNNS to the Nobel Prize committee, in the physics category. (*As of this writing, the Nobel Prize does not accept games as submissions. We expect them to make an exception.)

Those last two paragraphs were jokes.

You will never see the whole game: Each trip into the single-player endless mode of TNNS sees you through a path of levels randomly selected from over 500 hand-crafted layouts. The probability of your seeing everything in this game is about as high as the probability of your climbing Mount Everest with one hand tied behind your back. And: spoiler alert -- some of the harder layouts are just plain weird.

Thats right -- Hand-Crafted: The levels arent random arrangements; theyre premeditated first-degree obstacle gauntlets designed to always surprise you. Some blocks you break; some blocks you bump; some blocks stay put. Black holes teleport your balls. Sometimes, everything is spinning. And sometimes, it's a chaos freak-out. TNNS is like a pinball machine married a jazz band and had a million weird babies.

Your iOS Device is now a portable party: Anywhere you bring your iPad or iPhone is a place where people are going to like you unconditionally. Experience the shrieking joy of Party Mode -- where players compete for goals . . . or for stars. Or for both! Its your party: just keep your eyes on the balls. Bend; be tricky. Out-think your opponent. One thing you wont have to think about is Having Fun: weve already done that thinking for you.

Power up, get down: Spend the stars youve earned in single-player or multiplayer to buy power-ups at the in-game shop. Make your paddle bigger. Double the coins youll earn. Start your next game with an extra ball (or three). Equip boosters to three slots that you can activate when you want: pop a multi-ball to triple your fun, or launch a fireball to tear a stage apart -- if you can control its awesome power.

Customize: Maybe youd prefer the background look like a football field. Maybe you want the ball to look like a basketball. We like you, so we want you to be happy. Head to the customize shop and go nuts.

Play how you want: Its your iOS device. So play how you want. TNNS is a landmark first* in iOS app Design: the game does not rotate as you rotate your device. The scoreboard, however, does. Play right handed -- or left-handed. Play with the screen held upright and the paddle at the bottom. Or play with the paddle at the top, if youre feeling feisty. (*Note: Statistic refers only to the 148 apps we have evaluated out of millions available.)

Youll want more: So well give you more. There are more levels in this game than you can ever see. And were making more. Downloading TNNS today is just the beginning -- were going to keep pumping it full of new levels. Weve already made a game you literally wont be able to get enough of; now watch us keep making too much of it.

Sanuku's comments:

11-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Great job Gentleman. I hope people buy this game. It's well worth it

Last edited by Lithophile; 11-07-2012 at 02:49 PM.

11-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Damnit, how do I know this isn't going to pull a "ZiGGURAT", get pulled and re-released by Action Button Entertainment in the future? :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Has anyone tried this? The game looks good. Well, the concept at least. The graphics look like the game was done in MS Paint. Which is what is holding me back...

@metalcasket, I guess you don't know. What happened though with Ziggurat could happen with any game though if the publisher disappears. That wasn't really the developers fault.
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
Has anyone tried this? The game looks good. Well, the concept at least. The graphics look like the game was done in MS Paint. Which is what is holding me back...
Yeah I have played it. The graphics are fun and colourful. A little simple but well executed. I haven't sat down with it enough yet to advance past feeling like a novice yet, but I look forward to getting better at this game.
It also has same device 2 player which is awesome.

It should be said I am playing it on a Galaxy S3 (HERESY!) and it does not run as smooth as I would like it too. No idea how it runs on apple devices.
11-09-2012, 03:21 AM
I hope I can see some progression in is game as I play a little more. I really...really...like ziggurat (sad that I probably won't see any further updates or future support with whatever happened to it), and can see this one getting more fun. it's definitely not grabbing me as much as ziggurat, though.

also, I'm not sure if the stuttering is intentional when I've got a multivalve going. it seems to pause a little each time the ball hits the paddle.
11-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
I'm not sure if the stuttering is intentional when I've got a multivalve going. it seems to pause a little each time the ball hits the paddle.
(Start buy saying, sorry for my english xD, and buy saying that i like the game and the dev, and hope you adress the problems, but man, the IAP system in this game sux)

lol, it's intentional, it makes you think for one sek so you can get to the other ball, I thing its a awesom game designe, and love the the little pause you get..

But man, the IAP in this game is so terribleu. You cant buy ANNY thing if you just play the game. I been playing for over one hour, and have 2000 Stars atm, and the ceapest thingin the store is 10.000 -.- you buy the game for 1.99 but you have to pay much more if you want stuff. The best thing in endless games is to get monny so you can buy fun stuff. But you cant in this game.

DON'T buy this game, wait for free, or wait for dev to fix.

The game is pritty cool thoug, but still.. Even 5000 whould be to much for the stuff in game. 3000 whould be to much. It should be around 1000. 1000 stars is about 45minutes of game time. In a regular endlessrunner you can buy cool stuff after MAX 10 min. In this game it's about 10 hours for the first thing you can buy. So stupid. -.- how cat't the dev see, what a big mistake this is..... And every one hate IAP so much xD this is like the most stupid way to do it ever.

Sorry for my angry comment, but yeah. Get pissed off when the discribtsion in the itunes link says you can get stuff when you can't. But the game is good, and i have liked it for the hour i played it. And will continue to play it. Waiting for a uppdate that makes the game more awesome. And btw? The ituns link says that you wont se the samme level two times. But i have done that a million times, just so you know, the ituns link is BS
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
umm...i just...I don't know what that was.

I was just playing the game, and decided to buy something in the store. I have to say the interface is oversimplified to its detriment. you buy something (which costs way too much for how slowly you earn stars) and then an equipping screen comes up with no explanation as to what anything means. with the price of these power-ups, and the fact that you equip them, I thought maybe they were permanent...or at least usable once per game. but nope, they're one-time use.

I'm still willing to give this time and I'm looking forward to updates, but unlike ziggurat, there's no chance I'd recommend this to anyone.
06-30-2013, 09:22 AM
On sale for 0.99

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
07-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Picked this up a few hours ago and I'm definitely having some fun. Its more or less a mix of pong and break out mix...where the goal is to hit this one target to move to next stage. You don't have to break everything to move to the next stage.

The ability to affect the path of the ball definitely adds a nice twist to the game, and helps you to hit targets. The side effect is it could make the return path of the ball harder to judge.

The variety of the level's I've seen so far is pretty nice. Since the game is hard, each game for me is a few minutes at most. I haven't delved into the powers yet, but so far, I don't care about it for now.

I do understand the reservation about what Action Button Games did with Ziggurat (which is one reason I still haven't picked up that yet...) so I can see why people are hesitant about this. Overall still, pretty fun game for 0.99.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?