★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: EEK! Is a fast paced arcade game where you must avoid the incoming asteroids and explosions they create and collect the gold they leave behind. Collect enough gold and you can power up your ship and smash them back.

Features
iPhone 5, retina iPad support
Fast paced addictive arcade game play
Simple Tilt controls
Gamecenter, loads of leader boards and achievements to challenge you and your friends
Universal app, buy once and play on your iPhone, iPod and iPad

teacup42729's comments:

This is my new game, out now!

Any questions, comments, suggestions, whatever, just ask and I'll do my best to answer!
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Bought! Love the idea. Any chance of adding relative touch control? Really not getting along as friends with the tilt

Edit: If you could, just implement the control from On the Wind... That was perfect, fast, precise and controllable?

Last edited by Baracus; 11-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.

11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Game Impressions

I`m kinda getting to old for those kind of Games...
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Epic
11-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Looks like a lot of fun, and it's a clever hook, too.
11-06-2012, 01:24 AM
I did say imma buy day 1 in the upcoming games thread so... BOUGHT!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-06-2012, 01:27 AM
says it was released 10th of October? How come we didnt hear of this?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-06-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
says it was released 10th of October? How come we didnt hear of this?
It was probably one of those cases where the game was (I think) approved by the 10th of October but was set to go on sale on a specific date. Happens quite a bit.

Regardless, interested in hearing your impressions on the game.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-06-2012, 03:44 AM
This game is hard, but damn it's good. Comparisons will be made to Tilt to Live, since this is also an object avoidance game which is controlled solely by tilt. But whereas TTL eased you in slowly and got progressively more difficult, EEK! starts kicking your ass from the first second. And I love it.

The game is pretty simple. You're a SPACE SHIP. You need to avoid FIREBALLS and COMETS. And GARBAGE. These things will EXPLODE into each other, leaving behind gold. Collecting enough gold will cause a POWER UP to appear. Collect the POWER UP, and smash everything. Get a high score.

Completing achievements will raise your score multiplier, of which there are 55.

There are 3 options for tilt sensitivity: low, med, high. Using the default med option seems fine for me so far. I understand that some people don't like tilt control, but I don't think that touch control would work in this game.

There are no IAP in this game.

This game is recommended by me.

From what I can tell the game is made by one guy: David Buttress, of Don't Step On The Cracks.

Well done, Sir. And thank you.

Last edited by Andy C83; 11-06-2012 at 06:16 AM.
11-06-2012, 04:08 AM
The concept is interesting and fresh.

Game looks nice, tilt controls work great, music is unbelievably good. Somehow this game reminds me of Super Hexagon in its minimalist design.

But I wish there was more incentive to play. Yes they have tons of Game Center achievements but tying these to mini-goals and organize them in a way that provides a better sense of progression would help me get a purpose to play. Most games do it these days.

Other than that fun game.