Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Here's an exciting update! Duncan McPherson, a very experienced and talented music composer, has joined the crafting of Small Chronicles!

Read more about here at
http://whitesponge.com/blog/welcome-to-the-music/
Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 AM

“You really know your stuff... Keep up the good work!”
[url=http://www.mmohome.com/CD-Key/]Guild Wars 2 CD Key[/url]
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
When is it coming? The graphics are strange but I would like to give it a go.
It is scheduled to be released in early 2013.

By the way I am also curious as to why you thought that the graphics are strange. I am always looking to ways to improve on the game, and that includes the graphics :P

So I'm looking forward to your reply!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holu Callouse View Post
“You really know your stuff... Keep up the good work!”
Haha thanks!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Well not strange just something I'm not use to it looks great though guess just use to regular RPGs. Don't worry about improving graphics not all games are about that.
I guess that's true to an extend :P

The drawing style of the playable characters is kind of influenced by manga and chibi drawing though

Definitely will also focus on improving the game's gameplay ^-^
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Well I read some naruto (older stuff) and dragon ball z. Will there be beta testing?
Yes there will definitely be beta testing (soon)

Do watch out for the update when it is announced :P
Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSponge View Post
Hey Mr. Album, thanks for the insightful thoughts! I really listen to feedback and people's opinions so this means a lot to me!

On the topic of perma-death, I would agree with you that it is kind of harsh if it was implemented. Currently, Small Chronicles is designed in such a way that if your character dies, you will have to retry the whole stage again. There won't be any penalties at the moment.

And I definitely agree with you that if a player blitzs through all the stages, it would become kind of repetitive :X
Which is why there is also a league mode planned

I might consider randomizing the location of blessings and starting positions for the players and monsters. However, that might actually be counter-intuitive since monsters in Small Chronicles actually have different attacking styles/patterns.

For example, while the Scary Mushroom can only move/attack once per turn, the Leaf Monster can do so twice. The Virus Flower, on the other hand, can attack from range and has a tendency to run from melee characters (kinda like kiting). There will also be many more monsters as more worlds are added to Small Chronicles.

I have also planned different purposes for the tiles that you see in Small Chronicles. At the moment, there are only blessings but there is a lot of potential with what could be done with those tiles

So yes, I definitely would choose to go the path of puzzle/strategy-oriented for Small Chronicles ^-^

By the way, if you're talking about powerful enemies, I plan to make the bosses of Small Chronicles kinda powerful :P (hope not overpowered)

So yea there you have it and do let me know your opinions/feelings/thought processes on my reply.

And thanks again for the really insightful feedback!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good to see that you have a clear goal with what you want the game to be, and I am curious about League mode. How does that work?

Is it like an asynchronous tournament ladder, or is it more along the lines of player-run guilds whose members battle for their guild's supremacy in one-on-one death-matches against other players? Is there the possibility for two-on-two team battles, four-player free-for-all, or any other modes? Is it like the Firefight mode in the Halo games, where a group of players band together to beat back a set number of enemies?

Gawd, that's a whole Pandora's Box of questions! XD

I think a good rule of thumb for PvP-type stuff is to have many different and unique modes, if that's what League Mode is oriented towards.

Also, is the play area the same size for every fight, I.e. it's the same number of tiles? Or do different missions have different size play areas?

With the different kind of tiles planned out already, will there be trap tiles, like pits or fire or spiked floors? Will the different play areas have different movement challenges, I.e. a ranged enemy hides behind a tough melee-oriented enemy, and the player needs to find a way past the melee enemy before the ranged one takes the player down? Will certain play areas have different shapes to them, such as a star or a circle or a trapezoid, etc....?

That's probably plenty of questions for now! Thanks for responding, and I look forward to the finished product!

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
Old 11-11-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlbum View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good to see that you have a clear goal with what you want the game to be, and I am curious about League mode. How does that work?

Is it like an asynchronous tournament ladder, or is it more along the lines of player-run guilds whose members battle for their guild's supremacy in one-on-one death-matches against other players? Is there the possibility for two-on-two team battles, four-player free-for-all, or any other modes? Is it like the Firefight mode in the Halo games, where a group of players band together to beat back a set number of enemies?

Gawd, that's a whole Pandora's Box of questions! XD

I think a good rule of thumb for PvP-type stuff is to have many different and unique modes, if that's what League Mode is oriented towards.

Also, is the play area the same size for every fight, I.e. it's the same number of tiles? Or do different missions have different size play areas?

With the different kind of tiles planned out already, will there be trap tiles, like pits or fire or spiked floors? Will the different play areas have different movement challenges, I.e. a ranged enemy hides behind a tough melee-oriented enemy, and the player needs to find a way past the melee enemy before the ranged one takes the player down? Will certain play areas have different shapes to them, such as a star or a circle or a trapezoid, etc....?

That's probably plenty of questions for now! Thanks for responding, and I look forward to the finished product!

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
Thanks for sharing your thoughts too! Wow and that is really a lot of questions!

You're right when you say that League mode is more like an asynchronous tournament ladder. The idea of player-run guilds where members battle for their guild's supremacy is a great suggestion! It may be added into future versions! At the moment there is only 1 vs 1 battles planned but it will definitely be possible for 2-on-2 team battles or even more.

The play area (number of tiles), which is 16, is the same for every fight. However, the number of tiles that characters/monsters can move onto might change depending on the fight. It might be something like a huge rock occupying the tile space. Well the potential is definitely there

Yes there are already trap tiles (spike,fire,poison & etc) planned too.

The play areas will mostly have the same shape because a varying playing shape might be confusing to some players.

Thanks for responding to my reply too! Look forward to the open beta then
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM

Here's another great update on Small Chronicles! It will be a Game Center enabled game!

I have began to add achievements to the game!

Read more about it at http://whitesponge.com/blog/with-game-center/
Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxgamer View Post
wow like the look of the achievements in the game!
haha glad that you like what you are seeing!

Here's another screenshot to show the new turn animation/indication for Small Chronicles!

The "Enemy Turn" shows up at the same time your enemies start making their move! And this happens right after you have finished your action/move so the gameplay is more responsive!

Thanks to the alpha testing team for this!