Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Anyone know what the various "moods" of the totem are? Apparently there is certain bonuses you can get by doing things for certain moods of totem, but i cant figure it out.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
Anyone know what the various "moods" of the totem are? Apparently there is certain bonuses you can get by doing things for certain moods of totem, but i cant figure it out.
The graven is either happy, sad, or outright mad. You don't get bonuses per se for keeping him happy, but you sure do suffer a gathering rate penalty for making him mad. So long as your villagers are kept fed (either because food gathering is positive or you have so much stock piled that even with the current deficit it's some significant length of time - think it's anything more than 24 hours worth of food but I've never tested it to work out the exact stockpile you need - before your villagers will go hungry) he will be happy. Once you reach a point your stockpiles of food are low and gathering is in the negative, he goes sad (still no penalty). Then, if you actually let your villagers go hungry, he goes old testament and starts spitting fireballs around the village that cause workers to go slower than normal.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

There have been two big updates since I last posted that have improved the casual friendliness quotient, given the hardcore more to strive for, as well as brought the winter holidays to the volcanoe.

- A big change is there is now an option to resurrect the dead Meegos for free but with a 50% stat reduction. You still can't set the game down for more than a few of days without penalty, but this is a friendlier option for dealing with a Meego wipe out than the binary choice before of either starting your gene pool over with brand new Meegos or paying 8 skulls a resurrect (that option is still there, but you get the Meego back with full stats).

- Leaderboards are now more comprehensive, tracking all four quantitative aspects to the game (total mojo, average villager strength, intelligence, and charisma). Meego herd management is now going to be even more complicated if you're chasing the leader boards (/raises hand)

- Game name has been changed from Meego Village to The Meego (currently, The Meego: Holiday Edition) to emphasize the game's focus

- Holiday theming and music with more stuff being rolled out server side (at least that's the implication of dev statements on their forums) over the next few days.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM

Wondering why this never got much attention I played it a long while back and it was pretty good besides needing a constant connection
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Wondering why this never got much attention I played it a long while back and it was pretty good besides needing a constant connection
I can sum up the principle failure of the game's design: ZERO long term vision for the game.

With space and population being so finite and limited, all you were left to do after a while was breed to improve stats... which could have worked for an endgame if they'd bothered to give you something to do with those stats, but all you could gain from raising stats was amassing resources slightly faster, but you couldn't use the resources anyhow so what was the point again?

They kept people hanging around waiting for the promise of new areas to explore... and then when the update finally came out with the Turtle's Grotto you wondered how it took so long since it took them 4 months to do something that I'd wager Foursaken could have done over a few lunch breaks. It was just a pointless timer "mini game" that took more resources to play that it yielded and was of zero utility to longer term players. The single highlight of the "biggest patch ever" was a quick turtle fart joke that was only amusing once.

Then they kept monkeying with the villager lifespan stupidly concluding it was the 120 hour lifespan of villagers that was keeping the game from succeeding vs. their complete inability to imagine anything more than people contentedly paying money to check in on a builder sim where you couldn't build. When they did this they wound up ruining the one thing that was keeping people playing and by the time they changed it back I'd already given up in disgust at how they could take such a cute premise and run it into the ground so soundly.

Last edited by C.Hannum; 05-21-2014 at 09:23 AM..