Modern Combat 4

11-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
some people complaining how it lags occasionally on their iPhone 5 or whatever are really spoilt haha
It's not being "spoilt". Working many hours a week and rewarding oneself by buying (and paying for personally) iPhone 5's, iPad 4's isn't being spoiled. It's the fruits of ones labour.

The point on the lag is a valid point that there is server lag in mc3 that we don't want to see in mc4. That kind of server lag makes it very difficult to play and the games only purpose is to be played.
And it's not occasional lag on mc3, its frequent.

Last edited by Rip73; 11-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.
11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Lag on capatable hardware is bad programming. And sorry to go off topic, but I hope you saw the trailer for declassified on Vita, it looks terrible IMO.

iOS gamer since 2.0, PC gamer
Playing: GTA: SA, The Walking Dead Season 2

11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
It's not being "spoilt". Working many hours a week and rewarding oneself by buying (and paying for personally) iPhone 5's, iPad 4's isn't being spoiled. It's the fruits of ones labour.

The point on the lag is a valid point that there is server lag in mc3 that we don't want to see in mc4. That kind of server lag makes it very difficult to play and the games only purpose is to be played.
And it's not occasional lag on mc3, its frequent.
When I say spoilt I mean that they now have very high standards that are practically unachievable, and they complain.
11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
When I said its over priced, I meant gameloft games on consoles, not on mobile devices. READ
11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemini View Post
Lag on capatable hardware is bad programming. And sorry to go off topic, but I hope you saw the trailer for declassified on Vita, it looks terrible IMO.
Research before you judge

http://youtu.be/d5ve10_hdM8
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
How was the modern combat series on the iPad 2? My wife wants to get me the ipad mini for Xmas and I'm not convinced it will hold its own considering the outdated hardware and no retina display
I play MC3 on my iPad 2, and it runs like a dream. The only time I ever crash is on Alert for some reason, but before you play remember to delete all apps from multitasking.
11-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
How was the modern combat series on the iPad 2? My wife wants to get me the ipad mini for Xmas and I'm not convinced it will hold its own considering the outdated hardware and no retina display
If you got enough cash, get iPad 4. A5 devices will starts to get outdated starting on mc4
11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
If you got enough cash, get iPad 4. A5 devices will starts to get outdated starting on mc4
That's what I was afraid of. As much as I like new devices every year I think apple should make it every 2 years
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
That's what I was afraid of. As much as I like new devices every year I think apple should make it every 2 years
I think what's more of a problem is that half of their new devices aren't new.
11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinathin_x_X View Post
And you're a developer for a major third party software company of course?