Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 PM

Default Animal legends

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

For those that don't mind freemium games this one's actually quite good. Good graphics, Lots to do and energy return isn't that bad. Been playing for a few days now and it hasn't lost my interest yet. Sorry, don't know how to add the bot description.

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-08-2012 at 02:03 AM..
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Can you atleast post the AppStore link? I can't find an app named "animal legends".
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I don't even see it anywhere
It's an Appy Entertainment app available on the Canadian App Store only right now.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/animal-legends/id539116684

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-08-2012 at 02:03 AM..
Old 11-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Well the graphics look good (from the screenshots), something I'd try out when it does come to the US Store.. if I remember
Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
What pictures?
Try their Facebook page.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Sorry didn't know was only in the Canadian store. Probably why I couldn't find a description here. There is a description of it on AppZapp

Last edited by Bone16; 11-06-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 04:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Trying it out, and I have to say that this has by far the worst IAP currency balance I have ever seen.
3x IAP currency: coins, stars, and gems

You get a tiny little bit of all three for completing quests. Hardly enough to get anything.
Combat doesn't give you anything, just a choice between one of three treasure chests that may contain one of the three currencies.
Some buildings an produce each of the three currencies, but have to be claimed regularly and do not accumulate. For example, the gem mine gives one gem every 6 hours if you claim it so often.
IAP will run you around $50 for a single piece of high-level equipment, and there is no equipment purchasable with coins except for the starter 1st level gear.
Stars are spent to level your character, costing 100 for the first, and rising from there. Experience-giving buildings provide very small amounts, and of course there's the treasure chests. Oh, and you have to pay coins to enter combat, which aren't always refunded by the treasure chests.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
What pictures?
I was reffering to the App Store screenshots of the game which you can see in the canadian store

Edit: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/animal-legends/id539116684?mt=8

Last edited by MobileAppScout; 11-07-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM

Hey guys!

Thanks for the interest in the game!

We're currently in a quiet period and are letting folks in Canada get an early sneak peak. Bramblett05 is right - we expect to make a full announcement next week along with some new goodies, screenshots and a movie. If you guys have any questions feel free to fire them off and we'll answer them to the best of our ability.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Trying it out, and I have to say that this has by far the worst IAP currency balance I have ever seen.
3x IAP currency: coins, stars, and gems

You get a tiny little bit of all three for completing quests. Hardly enough to get anything.
Combat doesn't give you anything, just a choice between one of three treasure chests that may contain one of the three currencies.
Some buildings an produce each of the three currencies, but have to be claimed regularly and do not accumulate. For example, the gem mine gives one gem every 6 hours if you claim it so often.
IAP will run you around $50 for a single piece of high-level equipment, and there is no equipment purchasable with coins except for the starter 1st level gear.
Stars are spent to level your character, costing 100 for the first, and rising from there. Experience-giving buildings provide very small amounts, and of course there's the treasure chests. Oh, and you have to pay coins to enter combat, which aren't always refunded by the treasure chests.
Thanks for taking the game for a spin! We'll be actively tuning pretty much everything leading up to the release. The issues you cited specifically we checked in a change to today and have a couple of more coming this week.

Specifically:

Today (You should see these changes in your game already):
-We dramatically reduced the coin cost to go on quests (You shouldn't even notice it until player level 10+) but we'll keep an eye on this. Based on how folks have received it we may actually remove the cost entirely. It feels a little cheap to us.
-We also doubled the likelihood of "Cool stuff" from rewards in quests. Specifically the gear rewards while reducing the odds of the player getting a "meh" soft currency reward.
-Reduced the cost on a number of mid and high end rewards, like the owl's tower.
-We increased the gold rewards on some of the buildings, the largest being the Trading Post (Which gives 3 times as much gold.)
-We increased the mana rewards for bringing other heroes into a combat. (20>30)

Coming later this week:
-Way more economic tuning like the above, specifically accrual times, rewards while adventuring, etc.
-We'll be reducing the cost of outright buying gear a good amount, and give you guys several options of buying the "Good stuff" for gold as opposed to gems. It's also worth mentioning that any gear which can be bought can be found while adventuring, we're not keeping any gear as exclusive to the store for IAP or otherwise.
-We'll be tuning the costs of mana on several abilities. Specifically reducing the rhino's cost for spells, allowing him/her to get more spells off.

Last edited by Appy_Entertainment; 11-07-2012 at 07:15 PM..