Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

When you say it'll be released Wednesday, do you mean in a matter of hours? Like 11pm EST or 5 am here in Lebanon? The game looks like a frickin' blast!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Redegard, I tried multiple control mechanics with it and after implementing the one button controls there was no going back It just works so good. Of course it's different from Sumo Hoppers, but luckily for us Sumo Hoppers is still perfectly playable and awesome through DOSBox And yes, even more levels will be added in future updates!

metalcasket, thanks! And yes Wrestle Jump will be availeble on Wednesday at midnight in your timezone! That means in less than 3 hours in Lebanon!

Last edited by oivoi; 11-06-2012 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oivoi View Post
Thanks all! panicBarn, I used Unity3D with Unikron's 2D Toolkit plugin.
Redegard, yes Wrestle Jump is greatly inspired by the awesome DOS game The Fight of the Sumo Hoppers It was one of my favourite games as well!
Interesting, currently using Monkey and have thought about the switch to Unity but slightly apprehensive due to the step up in complexity.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Actually, I did something quite cool a couple of years back: by putting Sumo Hoppers on my old xbox, running DOSBOX, I was able to run two player matches with both players using xbox controllers with analog joysticks as leg-angle controller. Pretty neat, eh? The thing that makes the game a bit cumbersome is, actually, the controls - especially when playing two players on the same keyboard. There HAS to be a really cool way to implement good controls with two on-screen controls for two-player duels on the same ipad. But I have to admit I LOVE the idea of one-button gameplay which you've managed to implement. Horray
Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redegard View Post
Actually, I did something quite cool a couple of years back: by putting Sumo Hoppers on my old xbox, running DOSBOX, I was able to run two player matches with both players using xbox controllers with analog joysticks as leg-angle controller. Pretty neat, eh? The thing that makes the game a bit cumbersome is, actually, the controls - especially when playing two players on the same keyboard. There HAS to be a really cool way to implement good controls with two on-screen controls for two-player duels on the same ipad. But I have to admit I LOVE the idea of one-button gameplay which you've managed to implement. Horray
Haha, yes that sounds like something I would enjoy, too. I personally liked the fact that Sumo Hoppers was so hard to control with its eight button controls Quite a contrast to Wrestle Jump's just one button control...

PS. It seems that Apple doesn't update App Stores right at midnight as Wrestle Jump is still not available in Europe. Its already in stores in for example Australia and China, though.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM

The thing to like about its controls is that you have so much control. Lots of different angles. But imagine playing it with totally analog stepless leg-control, using a stick, i imagine it would be great. A horizontal slider on the ipad screen would do, I guess. By the way, I like your graphical style; the original was kind of minimalistic and perhaps too stick-man-ish. Speaking of reskinning old games, have you tried Fight Drunk 3D on the App Store? If you remember Sumotori ... Insane, but fun.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Now that Wrestle Jump's been released...well, here you go.