Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
This seems substantially more grindy than Elf Defense, which was already borderline. Also, there is a lot of stuff that is poorly described or doesnt seem to work.

(1) The skill that says it reduces health 75% (adds 10% with level up) for 10 seconds -- what does that actually do? Not what it says...

(2) The scroll that increases "stage rewards" doesnt seem to work at all. Maybe only with a perfect clear, or a clear of stage for the first time, or only works on the quest objectives?

(3) Slowdown from ice tower is barely noticeable, and what upgrading ice tower (in map or metagame) does is unknown. Leveling up in game seems like it marginally increases the freeze chance, but doesnt impact slow down, but its hard to be sure. By contrast, Elf Defense gave you more info.
I just started to play this game and totally agreed with your view. It would be nice if some pros can shred some lights here like order of upgrade with limited amount of coins. (towers, spells or items first...etc)

The ice towers don't seem effective and the last few waves tend to scale up very tough to beat despite with a bunch of level 6 towers...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
I just started to play this game and totally agreed with your view. It would be nice if some pros can shred some lights here like order of upgrade with limited amount of coins. (towers, spells or items first...etc)

The ice towers don't seem effective and the last few waves tend to scale up very tough to beat despite with a bunch of level 6 towers...
I beat the first set of 10 levels with level 3 towers, plus a few levels in the the +pow, rage and speed robe. Its expensive but worth it. For the other item, I have both the +pow/freeze/range and the +pow/crit/speed -- they are good on different maps, but of course picking one and sticking with it is an option. For spells, the +75% health reduction -- whatever it actually does, wasnt really helping too much even though I did level it once too 85%. Lightning didnt seem too useful either, but I only leveled it once. The +tower damage is good, I'm a believer in that one -- and of course, you need the health spell as well. I used my free jelly on 10 skill points.

I'm only on the 4th level in the second set of waves, so cant say too much more. One thing I have noticed is that the new continuous lightning tower seems to moot/replace the rapid shoot and AOE stomper tower. Maybe not the stomper, but definitely the rapider, which doesnt seem to do enough damage (although it is cheap). The straight shooting laser is still good.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Anyone beat level 10 on frozen map?
That last wave is brutal.

Also how do i get to endless mode?