Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakalu View Post
I'll have my mini on Christmas. Really looking forward to some impressions until then!
Great portable size and weight. Plays games great. Web text a little hard to read but adequate. Lightning connector nice. Get as much disk space as possible. I like it!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah! I am really curious about virtua tennis. That game is very framerate demanding, and the 3 games you have mentioned are games that don't run like butter on my new ipad. I would be curious to hear if the ball moves with no framerate drops, and if the game does not experience as little stuttering occasionally, and if any extra effects were added (which I doubt).

Gof 2 hd runs pretty good on my new ipad, but when things get really hectic it does experience some framerate slowdown, but nothing that is showstopping.

Nova 3 as Jbruu seems to point out seems to be running close to 30 fps even when loaded. On my new ipad, framrates can depend on the action. During light conditions, it probably gets close to 30 fps with no effects. Medium 18 fps, which means playable but with noticeable framerate smoothness. Heavy 12 fps with a little stuttering. But playable all around, but kind of feels more like a computer emulator, rather than a console ready version.

Would you and Jbruu respond to whether you think Nova 3 would be considered console ready? It seems like you all get solid 30 fps framerates and getting a little more added effects, I guess you don't get anti-aliasing and I doubt would get framerates close to 60 fps, in fact maybe this game is locked at 30 fps which many games seem to be.

Not to put you and Jbruu on the spot or anything, but does your versions of Nova 3 seem like something that could be a video of an xbox 360 game?

And let me know how Virtua tennis runs on the ipad 4, I wonder if it runs like butter with absolutely no framerate problems. Or if it is more of a design problem with the game itself.

And jbruu, guess you don't like shmups, Dodonpachi Ressurection hd is one of the best shmups on ios. Try downloading the lite version. Before ios 6.0.1, there were slight framerate problems on my new ipad. But after ios 6.0.1, all cave games are running like butter on my new ipad. Yeah!

Ios 6.0.1 for me, added about 5 fps on some games, and the games that had a little slowdown under fully loaded conditions, don't have them anymore. I think I embellished it a little in my previous posts, but yeah, when things run like butter as you say with no framerate problems, the games feel like arcade games, and are more pleasant to play.

Try dodonpachi ressurection hd lite. When you got 200 bullets on the screen on one time and get no framerate slowness, it is great.

And some of you mentioned the new ipad being underpowered, well, this is a little bit like heatgate, weightgate, etc. It is a little exagerated. Out of 6000 games that I have downloaded and 624 games on my current 64 gb new ipad, only about 10 really have what I consider to be framerate slowing to a degree enough to bother a picky person like myself. That is 0.1%.

That means 99.9% of game apps run fine on the new ipad. Which means will also run fine on the ipad mini. And all of these games are usually 2 gb disk space monsters which I never keep on my new ipad because of disk space problems.

But then again, out of all my hardcore games and I pretty much have them all, I would love playing Nova 3 and Virtual tennis with no framerate drops. But as Jbruu pointed out, there are some new games coming in the pipeline that will blow us away on the ipad 4. With console graphics, 60 fps, and hopefully anti-aliasing.

And then I will be jealous.

I would say that virtua tennis has no framerate drops. Sometimes the movements of the player stutter but i think that is because of the app itself.
I had an ipad 3 and all of the games i mentioned run better on ipad4.
Nova3 hasnt receveived an ipad4 update yet so i cant see any new effects at the moment. But i would say that how it runs on the ipad4 it could be a 360 game
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It's crazy how wild blood and nova 3 run on the ipad 4, the difference is night and day. Max payne is also 60fps constant (it was dropping sometimes in my 3rd) and lilli is even smoother.

Impressive beast
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi, I've checked Virtua Tennis and I'm sorry but there's lag. It is NOT butter smooth. I guess it's less than the iPad 3, but not by much. It's annoying lag.

GOF II HD is smoother, considerably except when near space stations or after exploding asteroids.

Nova 3 has the effects of the iPad 2/iPhone 5, and runs relatively well. Not butter smooth like dead trigger but good enough.

Burnout crash had a little lag on iPad 3 and is lag free on the iPad 4.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Gof 2 hd still isn't 60fps in native? Guess I'll be waiting for the iPad 5.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Magic 2013 seems to run faster for me now.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Gof 2 hd still isn't 60fps in native? Guess I'll be waiting for the iPad 5.
Maybe it need patch.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I am going to buy the iPad 4 soon, and I am upgrading from the iPad 1, just wondering, will I be able to transfer my apps over to it for free somehow? Little bit of an amateur in this area as you can tell, but I just dont really want to buy the apps I like again on the new device, I understand I won't be able to have them on both at the same time, but I don't have to buy them again do I?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
I am going to buy the iPad 4 soon, and I am upgrading from the iPad 1, just wondering, will I be able to transfer my apps over to it for free somehow? Little bit of an amateur in this area as you can tell, but I just dont really want to buy the apps I like again on the new device, I understand I won't be able to have them on both at the same time, but I don't have to buy them again do I?
Of course, just restore.

And yes you can have them on both devices at the same time
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Of course, just restore.

And yes you can have them on both devices at the same time
Really? That seems incredibly illegal haha. Thank you for the quick response