★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluros View Post
Problem with that approach is that the boss has so much HP and can maintain high DPS that a huge HP pool won't sustain you until the end of the battle. Basically, I've come to believe that you need to actually sustain the fight, not win a DPS race.
well, you definitely need a lot of HP to avoid the one-shots. after that, its all about healing through it. i'm thinking you might need both the bard AND the cleric for their group heals. dealing damage is almost not even important. you'll have to whittle the boss down very slowly. maybe paladin, bard, cleric, then two low-threat damage dealers like mage and shaman. or you could use the knight with his excellent life leech, but he'll probably need one of those -5 threat necklaces.
11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I won't provide any kind of spoilers here because I'm loving this discussion.

I know some people beat this boss on different levels. Last report I got was a lvl group of lvl 42 I guess. There was a report of a group lvl 36ish too. Anyway, it's hard indeed but it's not that impossible. (:

11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gty View Post
I won't provide any kind of spoilers here because I'm loving this discussion.

I know some people beat this boss on different levels. Last report I got was a lvl group of lvl 42 I guess. There was a report of a group lvl 36ish too. Anyway, it's hard indeed but it's not that impossible. (:
Interesting! Not sure if you can share anything about the group composition, but I'm wondering if they had a Bard, a Cleric, and 3 Tanks (Knight/Pally/Berserker, maybe?)...

Still trucking along, although looking forward to more content!
11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I agree that it's not that impossible, or that you would need to buy as many four rings as possible to tank up. I reckon I have a good team, just playing it slowly now towards the end, no rush necessary.
11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluros View Post
Interesting! Not sure if you can share anything about the group composition, but I'm wondering if they had a Bard, a Cleric, and 3 Tanks (Knight/Pally/Berserker, maybe?)...

Still trucking along, although looking forward to more content!
new content will be soon available.

I can assure that they didn't have 3tank/2heal comp. some comps are really different but I've never seen a 3tank/2heal to beat it yet, it might work for sure. Also, I believe lots of comps do too.
11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Anyone know how much the four ring costs? I'm planning out how much gold I have to grind.
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
sorry if this was mentioned already...

i like this game a lot but felt it is a bit unfair that i put so many hours into a character only to have that character be reset back to level 0 and have to purchase him again at 270 gold. i am more upset about the reset back to 0.

i did this because i just unlocked a new class and wanted to try it.
11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelchild View Post
sorry if this was mentioned already...

i like this game a lot but felt it is a bit unfair that i put so many hours into a character only to have that character be reset back to level 0 and have to purchase him again at 270 gold. i am more upset about the reset back to 0.

i did this because i just unlocked a new class and wanted to try it.
):

this is actually one of the topics we have been discussing in our studio.
11-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gty View Post
):

this is actually one of the topics we have been discussing in our studio.
thanks for replying!
11-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Alright, this is regarding Mom. I'm having an extremely hard time with this. The boss wipes out my whole team in 2-3 turns. My team's all around lv.32 and have the best weapons/armour/accessories equipped. Do I just need to level up and come back later? If so, what's the best way to grind experience? And what's the best team set-up for the boss?