★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Appoday?

10-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Appoday?

Been contacted by them. Any experiences? I'm assuming it's not free (for me) and would require giving my game away for free. I have heard about other app promotion tools like this, but am specifically interested in appoday. Various searches have returned nothing feedback or experience wise.
10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash Force View Post
Been contacted by them. Any experiences? I'm assuming it's not free (for me) and would require giving my game away for free. I have heard about other app promotion tools like this, but am specifically interested in appoday. Various searches have returned nothing feedback or experience wise.
They did better than FAAD did for Pickpawcket. They do cost a little more though. They offered us a discount for installing an SDK of theirs to track installs and displays an ad when the app loads, I'd advise AGAINST going that route. It was terribly slow and crashy... almost all of our 1 star reviews are because of that SDK of thiers.

Otherwise, it was a good experience and I believe we'll be running with them instead of FAAD for future promotions.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!

10-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I am starting campaign with them tomorrow so I will post my impressions. So far they have been very professional and it seems they are taking their service more seriously than many other competitors. They are quite pricey though.
10-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Great! Could you please tell us about your experience with them?

Thanks!
10-31-2012, 02:06 AM
I heard that for FAAD it was something like 8000...?

Maybe it's 10k then for Appoday...??
10-31-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinQsta View Post
They managed to get Bubble Galaxy with Buddies to no1 in the US App Store so they obviously reach a very wide audience. I have been downloading the games they promote each day - was not aware there was so much quality out there on the store.

Was not aware they approached devs, how much are their services?
As the game got promoted as free did they get it to the Nr 1 spot in the paid or the free games category? If the dev later wantsnto go back to paid the game gets removed from the free games ranking?
10-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
For an already free app to run a campaign is $6000.
We were also quoted 6000 for a paid app with IAP

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
11-07-2012, 06:03 PM
is appoday a larger network than FAAD?
is that why you believe that appoday is more expensive?
11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I can't discuss their prices but I can confirm two things. First, their reach is smaller than FAAD and second they are very professional and easy to work with. Under right terms, I would run campaign with them again.
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Whilst the reach MAY be lower, I think the conversion to download is spectacularly higher. Most users of appoday will get a daily push notification so the odds of being seen by 400000 users are high. For one day your app has complete exclusivity of the daily slot and no competing apps are taking the users focus away.
In context of comparison to FAAD, this is totally irrelevant. And conversion is just slightly higher, especially considering the fact that Appoday is available just in countries that have a good conversion rates.